• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed - Draconis, any
    @[Draconis] - sorry for the delay!!

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

She leads the girl back to the Jungle, taking her time as they go. There’s a whole world to explore on the way, and while Rhy has seen much of it, Draconis has not. And if Rhy is going to be a temporary (or perhaps, permanent) mother, she’ll teach the girl everything she can. It’s that curiosity that makes a good diplomat, and even warriors need to know something about the world. Like the different kingdoms, and what the terrain is like for fighting. Who rules, their general policy towards others and other kingdoms. Anyone needs to know what kingdom is safe to approach.

And so Rhy tells her. As they pass one place and then the next, she lets the girl explore (as much as they can, without crossing kingdom borders). She answers questions, talks about everything she can think of that might be worthwhile for a young girl to hear. There would be more later, but for now, this was plenty.

Really, they do take their time. And it’s wonderful.

Though still, for the girl’s sake, she hopes that they can find the girl’s mother. But Rhy is happy to have Draconis at her side for as long as she can. Not that she knows that first thing about being Mom, but she knows a lot about teaching and being herself (kind and genuine) and this seems like a very good place to start.

Eventually, they make it to the Jungle. The heat, even on the borders, is already drastically higher than anywhere they have been. Rhy is used to it, of course. It feels like home here to the electric girl, wrapped in the dense humidity. She moves slowly, giving Draconis time to figure her way through the roots and leaves on the ground, the dense trees that they weave through. Until they come to the heart of the kingdom, where the ground clears some and it’s easier to move.

“Well, what do you think?”

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 10-29-2015, 09:27 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 11-12-2015, 09:50 AM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Naga - 12-11-2015, 03:36 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 01-01-2016, 07:20 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 02-05-2016, 04:13 PM
    RE: and when I breathed - Draconis, any - by Rhy - 02-23-2016, 11:12 AM