• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it's me who's been making the bed
    Myrna
    suffocate the fire  i started--------------------
    right when it kindles

At the thought of violence, something that feels too much like a jolt of electricity crackles along her spine, bringing with it an icy dread. Myrna keeps it from her face with the aid of manipulation and years of practice. Fire had burnt away the remnants of her scars, but the wounds within her mind were less easy to heal.

They still throb, every now and then, but their effect grows ever weaker. There are happier thoughts to replace them, she reminds herself; she knows how to keep them far at bay.

The thought of bloodshed in the Gates brought them back, just for an instant. But she swallows, and blinks, and pushes it away. The world is at peace, she reminds herself. There is no danger. The rivers have remained within their banks, and the volcanos have continued to sleep. There is no reason to be ill at ease.

“I would appreciate that. I am…not an experienced leader,” Myrna admits to the grey stallion, “I never wanted to lead anything other than a pack. And I wasn’t even sure about that.” She smiles wryly, shaking her horned head slightly. “It’s strange how life turns out so differently than what we expect.”

@ Everclear

Messages In This Thread
    it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 01-28-2024, 09:00 AM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 02-06-2024, 04:00 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-02-2024, 08:52 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-23-2024, 01:24 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-31-2024, 09:29 AM