• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  This Isn't Goodbye; Not Yet
    He hangs his head at the waves that ebb and flow against the pale sand. The smell of the sea is calming to him. He inhales as the salt tickles his nose. The dark bay stallion sighs sadly, feeling lost. Where do I go from here? He looks up, seeing a liver chestnut mare pacing against the dark, empty sky. He slowly makes his way over. "Hi..." He says her. "I'm Jack." His big, dark, 17.3 hh thoroughbred body towering over her. He backs up a bit, trying to not be too overbearing. "I'm sorry... I'll leave you alone if you want.." He says, unable to get a read on the mare. "Are you ok?"

His heart aches. His heart aches for his old life, his owner. He sighs softly, not knowing how to survive as a wild horse. It's been years since his release, but he's never truly adapted to being a wild horse. Throughbreds aren't supposed to be wild. They're supposed to be in a warm stall, with unlimited hay and treats and love. Kyra. What is she up to? Did she survive? Why haven't they come for him? Did they still think about him? Did they love him?

Please come back for me if you're out there.. I want to come home..

@ AuroraElis

Messages In This Thread
    This Isn't Goodbye; Not Yet - by AuroraElis - 02-13-2024, 10:34 AM
    RE: This Isn't Goodbye; Not Yet - by Jack in the Box - 02-14-2024, 07:12 PM
    RE: This Isn't Goodbye; Not Yet - by AuroraElis - 02-15-2024, 05:51 PM
    RE: This Isn't Goodbye; Not Yet - by AuroraElis - 02-17-2024, 12:17 PM
    RE: This Isn't Goodbye; Not Yet - by AuroraElis - 02-20-2024, 07:43 PM