• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it's me who's been making the bed
    Myrna
    suffocate the fire  i started--------------------
    right when it kindles

A pair of dark winged birds take flight to her left, and Myrna turns in their direction. Farther away in that direction is what must have startled them into the air: a dappled gray stallion that she does not recognize. Strangers in her home are not a common occurrence, but at the sight of him she changes her path toward the willows to meet him instead.

“Neither,” she answers with a charming smile. “I’m Myrna.” Close enough to see him better now, the palomino mare decides that she’s certain she’s never seen him, nor anyone too like him, before.

“The flowers are courtesy of the Gates” she says, tossing her head as she gestures upward. The movement disturbs a bumblebee, who finds his way to a cluster of dandelions near her feet. Satisfied that it won’t be immediately returning, her attention flits back to the grey stallion with a more reticent, but no less genuine smile. “It’s the crown. Have you been in the Gates long, or can I welcome you to the kingdom?”

Myrna makes no habit of patrolling the rolling hills, but she likes to think that many live just out of sight, just beyond the borders of where she travels through the day. Perhaps this stranger is one of those, or maybe he is someone entirely new. Both are an intriguing possibility on a day that otherwise would have been long and empty, and the curiosity in Myrna’s eyes is genuine.

@ Everclear 

Messages In This Thread
    it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 01-28-2024, 09:00 AM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 02-06-2024, 04:00 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-02-2024, 08:52 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-23-2024, 01:24 PM
    RE: it's me who's been making the bed - by Viszla - 03-31-2024, 09:29 AM