• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  out in the dark, there burns a dream
    don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years

He does not recognize the fingers of magic she directs at him for what they are, as they camouflage themselves among the tendrils of unease that have gone from lightly caressing his spine to scrabbling feverishly at his heart. His wildest dreams could not have ever imagined the strange twist that this interaction is taking.

His eyes seem incapable of looking away from Margot, so he catches the small changes in her expression. It is unnerving, to say the least. He is descended from terrifying monsters of the deep, but even they pale in comparison to the hungry gleam he sees in her face. He knows that he should move along, leave her and his discomfort behind, but his feet are just as unwilling to move as his eyes are.

“Benevolent.. I suppose that’s one way to look at it. But I don’t see how you can really care that much about love if you’re willing to take someone’s away against their will.”

“That’s not something a friend would do. At least not the kind of friend I want.”

He blinks pointedly, recklessly at her. He does not doubt that she has the ability to follow through with her threat and he knows he should use more caution with her, but self-preservation has never been his forte.

Her question does not go unheard, but he is in no hurry to respond because he is not sure that he does have an answer. This is the first time he has ever been alone and the loss of the warm cocoon of his family’s presence has consumed nearly every fiber of his being. Right now, he doesn’t care about anything else.

And what little else there is, he is not sure that he wants to share it with her.

“If there is something else, are you going to take that from me too?”

His expression is just as unforgiving as his tone is cold, but his blood pulses hotly beneath his skin. He doesn’t know how she might react to the quiet challenge in his statement, but for now, it’s just another item on the list of things he doesn’t really care about.

EDDIE
    for Ian
    image by hel-gi
    @ margot

Messages In This Thread
    out in the dark, there burns a dream - by eddie - 03-14-2023, 12:56 PM
    RE: out in the dark, there burns a dream - by eddie - 04-25-2023, 03:06 AM