• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when I breathed [any]

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye.

Some days she feels far too old for her skin, some days far too young. Today she feels young. Most would consider that a good thing, but she considers it only naïve. Joscelin knows little of the people and events Lagertha speaks of, and for some reason this bothers her. Though her mother is quite old by any standards, she had been absent from Beqanna for many years. As a result, Joscelin had little opportunity in her youth to learn of Beqanna’s history.

Suffice to say however, that she is quite certain these women are very familiar with the Jungle. So who better to show her around than they?

Rhy’s story is similar to hers after a fashion. She too had been born in the Dale, though she has never loved it as her mother (and her father and brother) does. She knows how disappointed her mother had been that she had chosen the Jungle over the Dale, but Elysteria is too kind, too loving, to ever hold her daughter back from something she wishes to do. When Lagertha asks her where she had come from, why she is here, her golden gaze finds the gray mare, expression quietly contemplative.

Actually, I also came from the Dale.

Her bright gaze flits briefly to the painted mare before settling back on Lagertha.

Perhaps Scorch mentioned the deal she had made with my father, Tiphon? Two of the Jungle’s children went to the Dale. In return, I came here.

She pauses for a moment, considering. She had never met the second child (though an adult now, she supposes), so she has little idea that it is Lagertha's son.

In truth, I was given a choice. Come to the Jungle and earn my place or be given a rank of honor within the Dale, alongside my brother.

She does not elaborate. It is obvious which choice she had made. She had never been one to enjoy having things simply handed to her. There is a pride in earning them. An admittedly odd notion for a princess.

Joscelin

Tiphon x Elysteria

html c insane | picture c mikanicole.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
    and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 08-27-2015, 08:56 AM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Lagertha - 08-27-2015, 10:23 AM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 09-01-2015, 11:11 AM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Lagertha - 09-05-2015, 05:23 PM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 08:44 AM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Lagertha - 09-13-2015, 03:44 PM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 09-14-2015, 08:26 PM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Lagertha - 09-16-2015, 12:18 PM
    There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. - by Joscelin - 09-21-2015, 09:20 PM
    RE: and when I breathed [any] - by Rhy - 09-23-2015, 11:01 AM