• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  in a faith forgotten land, reave

i am the mace, the map, the fall and the high

“That depends on when you ask,” he quips with an impish grin. In truth, his goals are not something most would understand or appreciate. He has never craved power in the same sense many others do. Instead he craves release. An outlet for the wildness that fills him until he feels as though he might burst if he does not let it loose. But how does one explain that to another?

Instead of further clarifying, he changes the subject. He watches the softness that steals over her at the mention of her twin. It’s a curious thing, that. Oh, Reave loves his family well enough, but he has never felt that kind of connection with anyone before. He’s not entirely certain he is capable of it. Aela is perhaps the closest he has come, but there is nothing gentle about their relationship, nor does he entirely trust her.

Of course, he doesn’t entirely trust anyone.

“I do.” He answers her question about siblings without hesitation, a faint grin touching his mouth. “Well, half-siblings at least. No one has seen fit to play a second joke on my mothers, so I have no full siblings.”

As he continues watching her in that curiously intense way of his, the endless threads of so many futures tickle strangely at his mind. He normally doesn’t have the patience to follow the many disparate paths another’s life can take, but as he stares at her, many of them coalesce. So many choices, yet all lead toward the same dark juncture.

He debates ignoring it, but the possibilities are too great. In the end, he fixes his brilliant gaze on her, lips unsmiling for once.

“You wanted to know my goals?” he asks, bringing them back around to the subject he had ignored before. “Well, today it’s to help you.” He pauses, then releases a breath. “Tephra’s in trouble. There’s a storm coming.” His lips kick upwards before he adds, “A big one.”

reave

@Casimira

Messages In This Thread
    in a faith forgotten land, reave - by Casimira - 02-21-2022, 04:20 PM
    RE: in a faith forgotten land, reave - by Reave - 02-22-2022, 11:49 AM
    RE: in a faith forgotten land, reave - by Reave - 03-15-2022, 10:43 AM
    RE: in a faith forgotten land, reave - by Reave - 04-25-2022, 09:49 AM
    RE: in a faith forgotten land, reave - by Reave - 05-16-2022, 10:06 AM