• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm no sweet dream but I'm one hell of a night: Star pony

It’s a shame Aela doesn’t mention Taiga. Now that is a subject she knows well despite never seeing the woods of mist for herself. It was one of her Uncle’s favorite stories, one he would tell with malicious glee. How he had snatched the forest with his band of marauder’s and shaken Beqanna to its core to the point where the fairies rebelled and Carnage himself had sent his own minions to sink the land. It had been meant to be a punishment but the White Wolf had never been upset, only amused. It had done little to stop his plans.

The further into the forest they go, the colder it becomes. She shivers slightly against the chill and doesn’t bother to hide the way it shudders across her dappled shoulders. Let her companion think her scared, it served her purpose after all. The golden beauty speaks of the Forest being here for as long as she can remember and the gray of her eyes catch that lift in her smile. It wouldn’t surprise her, if this one was an Immortal. Time had always been tricky here, even for those not blessed with the gift (or the curse) of Immortality. The fact that Tantalize had lived as long as she had was testament to that.

The golden stranger directs the conversation towards Pangea and Carnage and she catches the others eye, sensing something in the question that’s playfully thrown at her. Pangea is not a land she knows too much of beyond the fact that Carnage had a hand in its creation. Of the Dark God himself, she is familiar but not on a personal level. Her grandfather had been General to the Valley, Carnage’s old kingdom, but not when he had ruled it. She had been there a few times when she had visited him, Grandfather Cross. An interesting man who had fathered both her mother and her Uncle. Strange, how different they were and yet still cut from the same cloth.

Her Uncle held little interest in the workings of Gods despite his fascination with Beqanna’s magic. As for herself, she found the stories of Carnage interesting enough but like the White Wolf she cared little for tales and omipresent creators. If anything, according to him, they simply stood in the way but at times they could be useful. It’s why he had flung Carnage a tidbit every now and then like the mare he had told her about, Minette. Better to stay on their good side, better to keep them distracted.

“Of course.” She says and makes sure to widen the whites of her eyes, allowing the gray to become thoughtful and worried. Still playing the damsel in distress, as if expecting the Dark God himself to be around the bend. “That is a name I have not heard in awhile.” She breathes out her lie and casts an uncertain glance to her guide. “Is he still around?”

Vindictive

Seeing red again

@Aela

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm no sweet dream but I'm one hell of a night: Star pony - by Vindictive - 03-10-2022, 03:15 PM