• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm no sweet dream but I'm one hell of a night: Star pony

Aela always counts on that initial observation. That there seems to be nothing obviously magical about her. It had infuriated her when she had been small, the way that strangers would study her petite frame or her golden locks and seem to be relieved that she didn’t reveal a predator’s smile or a dark magician’s wrath. Someday, perhaps something like that might be in her grasp.

But tonight, her emotions ebb out softly through the moonlight and shadows. The mare before her laughs and Aela can’t find a shred of fear coming from the chestnut. Good, the little palomino thinks. It will make their interaction all the more interesting, and perhaps even fun. Sweeping towards the other woman, Aela approached the other mare head on. ”You poor thing,” she murmurs, a wonderful mimic of concern and care. ”I hope the journey here wasn’t too arduous.”

Her elegant head tilts towards Indi, though her blue eyes look beyond the taller horse, glancing over the slender line of her spine towards the forest with pricked ears and alert eyes, as if scanning for danger before Aela returns her attention to the jaguar-spotted woman. ”One hears such stories about arriving in Beqanna; nearly drowning, inter-dimensional travel, fleeing from wolves.” Her coy smile suddenly seems to take a sharp edge.

She keeps walking towards Indi, coming close enough to make out the individual rosettes on her copper coat, asking curiously from beneath her dark lashes ”Are you running from anything?” before passing by her. It would be her choice if she wanted to follow Aela into the darkest part of the Forest; she was welcome to go where Aela was headed, but she would never alter her path for another.

@Vindictive

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm no sweet dream but I'm one hell of a night: Star pony - by Aela - 02-27-2022, 12:48 PM