• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  There's a voice and its trying to drag me down

I see us written in the Stars

What is truth can never be a lie.

The truth is that they experienced something powerful, together. They lived an entire life separate from this one, fell in love with one another, and watched the days pass by in blissful comfort. Some nights when the temperature dropped and the mesas sparkled with bitter frost, Obscene would ask her if she remembered. “Remember what?” She would ask, and the itch at the back of her skull would grow by a fraction or two.

He knew.
    There wasn’t a single doubt in her mind that the memories would return, perhaps not fully but well enough that he could recall bits and pieces. How ironic, she thought. The two worlds were like one rough-cut crystal: turn it to the light and you see one thing, twist it away and it reveals something different.

“I didn’t act alone.” She answered his question.

That didn’t resolve her of any blame, no - gods no. He was right that she’d done something, most likely channeled energy through him as a conduit, but the effect was something they both wanted. Even if Obscene denied it or didn’t realize it, Cheri knew that her most powerful acts of magic to date happened because a second party more or less drew it out of her. Magic that strong was always consensual, as she was coming to learn.

Targaryen.
    Sorren.
    Obscene.

Three specific instances of her power being called forth against her better judgment. Three times too many for her to ignore the signs any longer. She was as dangerous as she was helpful, and currently too unstable (or possibly volatile) with the limited knowledge she possessed. So far she’d been acting on instinct, and look where that had gotten them.

“I could show you.” Cheri closed her vibrant eyes, deflated for a moment by his kindness and the sound of his voice… so much like the one she wanted. “But you already see the truth, even if it doesn’t make sense.”

Clenching her jaw, the gleaming pegasus steeled herself and looked upon Obscene once more. By the Gods, he was handsome.

“Years ago, when my powers started to mature, I fell asleep and woke up in another place. It was Beqanna, but not the same Beqanna as this one. Everything was… slightly different.” She looked past the Fae Prince and his ever-faithful Light, toward the winding river.

“I met you there. I know this is all confusing, but I think what happened then was a warning. I didn’t understand at the time that we would go back together, to fulfill the vision of what I’d seen and experienced. Not until now.” She tried to make him understand in so many words, but the task felt impossible.

Choose the harder path. Remember what I told you? He had said; she’d done her best to listen and try, never knowing how difficult that would be.

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There's a voice and its trying to drag me down - by Cheri - 02-01-2022, 12:02 PM