• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when i breathed - lagertha

I am iron and I forge myself

Lagertha is ambitious, yes, and eager, and those two can be a very interesting (and even compulsive) combination. But she isn’t stupid, which is why she is going to keep Rhy at her side. To tell her No. To shock the blood-thirstiness back into control. “I agree. I’m honestly not trying to provoke anyone at the moment, at least until we get alliances set up. But it may happen sooner, rather than later. Joscelin has a captive from the Chamber, and Liz rescued a Chamberling girl from her father, at the mother’s request. And earlier I tried to steal their Lord and head diplomat… before everything changed.” That, she couldn’t possibly have known might affect things later on. It wasn’t successful, anyway. So there is no reason for the Chamber to get their panties in a twist.

“I know we aren’t strong enough to hold off a serious attack by ourselves, or to even make a dent on a worthy target. Trust me, I won’t throw our Sisters into danger unless they want to go, and success seems more than likely.” She pauses, knowing that this sets her plans back at least a year, maybe more. It’s ok, though. It’s the smart thing to do. “With that in mind, I would be careful about who you send to the Chamber. A warrior should accompany a skilled diplomat or two.” To make sure they all return, safe and sound. Just in case. The very real possibility that they don’t return would mean war. She’s never heard of a Kingdom kidnapping another’s peaceful envoys, but there is a first time for everything.

And if a Kingdom wanted revenge? If they wanted to stir things up? It is what Lagertha would do, in all honesty. Make someone come to her, where she has the advantage of knowing the land and being able to use a sort of guerilla warfare within the Jungle’s depths. It is suicide to try and attack the Amazons within their home unless the enemy has a vastly superior force, which is why she will not raid unless it is with an ally, or the target is… smaller, or their force rapidly grows.

“I think that distinguishment is something Scorch had trouble with,” she murmurs, recalling the various rapid promotions and demotions she received at the hairless rat’s command. “I’ll think on it some more… ask them if they’re up to the task.” There is no sense on forcing the role on someone who does not think they can handle it. Or want it. Lagertha sighs and smiles, turning to scratch an itch on her flank with the tips of her horns. God, that was so much easier now! And then she turns back to Rhy with a slight smile, asking, “Do you have any concerns, or things you want to talk about before I call the meeting?”

Lagertha

warrior queen of the amazons

[yaaay funky BQ time, haha. ALSO HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I LOVE THIS HTML???]

Messages In This Thread
    and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 08:35 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Lagertha - 09-11-2015, 02:29 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 04:28 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Lagertha - 09-13-2015, 09:57 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-14-2015, 10:48 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Lagertha - 09-16-2015, 10:58 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM