• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've always had too much pride
    selaphiel
    these days i don’t pray when i close my eyes
    Perhaps it had been foolish to think that he and Este existed as something separate from everything else. 

(Of course he knows that there are other children, there are a pair of them just now, and that more will likely come later.) 

But he had always felt as if they were insulated from the rest of it. He has not even made the effort to meet his newest siblings, if only because he wanted to uphold the illusion that there was anything at all special or sacred about he and Este. (Selfish, really.)

He knows that there have been others but it does not stop his blood from turning to ice when he mentions another sister, the young pegasus’s mother. A sister who had lived here once but no longer does. And perhaps meeting the son of a sister is just as strange as meeting the sister herself.

He swallows thickly and nods his understanding but can think of nothing to say. He does not ask for the sister’s name because it doesn’t matter, not really, not when the chances of their ever meeting seem impossibly slim.

He shifts his weight, all that cold in him promptly turning to stone when Bolder mentions Gale. And he thinks of his conversation—or, rather, his confrontation—with Mazikeen, when she had told him that her motives were whatever Gale told her they should be.

He shakes his head and finally tears the pale blue gaze from the boy’s face.

Probably the only thing Gale and I have in common,” he says and fights hard to keep the bitter edge from his tone. It is not the boy’s fault. The boy. His nephew. His blood.

Well, Bolder,” he says, trying to shift gears, redirect his focus away from the stone settled in the pit of his gut, “it’s even nicer to meet you, knowing that you’re my nephew.” And he tries for a smile.

I just bite my tongue a bit harder

@bolder

Messages In This Thread
    i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 09-08-2021, 03:04 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by Selaphiel - 09-08-2021, 04:03 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 09-09-2021, 01:18 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by Selaphiel - 09-09-2021, 08:05 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 09-24-2021, 03:14 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by Selaphiel - 09-25-2021, 02:09 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 10-07-2021, 01:24 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by Selaphiel - 10-16-2021, 12:27 PM
    RE: i've always had too much pride - by bolder - 10-26-2021, 07:34 PM