• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'll be back at it, bad habits die hard
    @Ryatah

i hear the wicked get no rest, but when you do
    ---------- i hope you dream of me

“Your power,” he replies, “whatever it is that makes you angelic.”

He has only bits and pieces of it - glowing, wings, healing - but he wants it all. Now, at last, the opportunity to take it has presented itself.

Yet still he proceeds with caution. Gale does not yet know what being an angel might mean as far as abilities she might wield against him, but he knows for certain that she is god-touched and this is a terrible risk.

Worth it though, he decides, and moves forward even as Ryatah tries to move away, matching her stride for stride as he does and making no allowance for his longer gait. Closer to her now than he’d been before, the navy creature must pull back his beaked head to meet her gaze and position himself for the strike.

He’s nearly perfected it on smaller prey, the puncturing of flesh and bone and lung in a single movement, allowing him to wrest the heart from where it beats in her chest. If he listens hard he can hear it, pattering away rapidly in a way that betrays her soft voice. Focused on the quick beat, Gale is startled by a strange sensation of nothingness.

The absence of emotion in the calmness that Ryatah spreads around him causes a flicker of Wrongness to dance along his spine beside the lightning. Gale narrows his blue eyes, shifts his head slightly to left, and plunges his sharp beak deep into her pale chest, feeling the delicious crunch and slide of a breaking body.

GALE

Messages In This Thread
    i'll be back at it, bad habits die hard - by Gale - 09-12-2021, 10:38 PM
    RE: i'll be back at it, bad habits die hard - by Gale - 09-18-2021, 09:55 AM