• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i'll be back at it, bad habits die hard
    Ryatah
    Hyaline has seemed quieter since Gale left, though not exactly what she would describe as peaceful. It was more of a silent tension, like the kind that exists waiting between a flash of lightning and the rumble of thunder. It made her uneasy, as if the storm itself was brewing beneath her skin, only she couldn’t pinpoint the reasoning for it. Perhaps because she has seen this far too many times to know that the cursed stallion was not finished, that he would likely not be content with just Tephra, but because she did not know him well enough she had no way of predicting what his retaliation might be.

Restless in a way that she is unaccustomed to, she steals away from Hyaline, but not before telling Atrox that she intended to go to the river. Whether or not that was where she would end up she was unsure since she had a way of deviating from her intended plans, but something about the roar of rapids rushing over rock seemed better than this incessant buzzing happening in her head.

She is away from the actual river when Gale appears suddenly in front of her, with a smile on his face that is far too pleased and altogether unnerving. “Gale,” her usual friendly tone is somewhat clipped off by the nerves that he had rattled when he startled her, but she smooths it over with a slight smile. “Same could be said for you,” she comments idly, doing her best to hide the suspicion that shadowed her dark eyes, her glittering wings held close to her sides.
    EVEN ANGELS HAVE THEIR WICKED SCHEMES

@Gale

Messages In This Thread
    i'll be back at it, bad habits die hard - by Gale - 09-12-2021, 10:38 PM
    RE: i'll be back at it, bad habits die hard - by Ryatah - 09-13-2021, 02:00 PM