• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart

The further he ventures outside of Brilliant Pampas, the more his confidence grows. With each passing day the spotted colt finds himself making his way further through the common lands. His heart races with every new discovery and a sense of adventure bursts within him. It doesn't take long for him to discover the field and the few that currently frequented it. With a flutter of his wings he drops from the sky and lands among the tall grasses, his eyes bright and his ears pricked forward as he takes in his surroundings.

The air was cold, yet tolerable despite winter having settled it's firm grip across the lands of Beqanna. Though that being said, he had yet to grow used to the cold. His mother had done an excellent job over the years of keeping him warm and safe from the elements and only now was he growing accustomed to the changes in the weather. As he stood there observing the land that stretched out before him, goosebumps traveled across his skin and small shivers began to dance underneath his coat. "Sheesh," he muttered quietly under his breath. 

The increasing sensitivity to the damp cold was beginning to take its toll and he is almost ready to turn back towards the Brilliant Pampas when he notices the sound of thundering hooves. With a newfound curiosity blooming within him, the spotted colt turns his head towards the sound of the whinny that follows and catches sight of the liver chestnut mare. Her playful antics brings a sort of gentle happiness that flows through him and with a few steps forward Picard moves into a trot, heading towards the other. "Hello," he calls as he makes his way closer. "I see you're enjoying yourself," a small smile dances across his lips as he comes to a stop nearby.

PICARD

"the road from legitimate suspicion to rampant
    paranoia is very much shorter than we think."

@Rinala

Messages In This Thread
    The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-05-2021, 12:50 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-06-2021, 03:13 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-06-2021, 07:19 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-07-2021, 03:35 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-08-2021, 07:34 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Picard - 09-09-2021, 01:07 PM
    RE: The Dark Lines of My Happy Heart - by Rinala - 09-14-2021, 04:31 PM