• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I hate you because I think of you

a bright and dangerous spark

She’s certainly not a minder reader (not yet, anyways) but the six months she put between herself and the Prince of the Pampas did very little to erase the coy micro-expressions Cheri remembered. For someone who claimed to care very little about any one such thing, he certainly had a way about him when it came to open disgust. Obscene had always been that way to her though: contradictory. One minute scathing and the next laughing, spitting at her hooves but then warning her to get away - to leave him before something terrible really did happen.

She’d loathed him for so long it hardly seemed possible that she could tap into the things she admired about him, but since her commune with Reave in Nerine Cheri had been shocked at her own ability to see the clarity and connection between his two opposing natures.

Still, she’s happy to see that he seemed perfectly content to act the same way he always had whenever she’d come onto the scene. It was almost comforting. He managed to get a single, genuine laugh out of her and for a moment the air between them is filled with the sound of her unique and pretty voice, not tension or bitter resentment, but the moment passes as all must. To his credit Cheri waited, fully expecting another retort on the heels of the first, and her eyes - those gleaming, intricate green eyes that would lose a special spark if the light in them were to ever burn out - hold his own red, simmering ones.

The change in his demeanor does not go unchecked. Not this time.

She heeds it by keeping her distance, allowing him the space he desired even if it caused him to lose a step and fumble, but otherwise the threat washes over her without much consideration. Cheri looked down the instant light played over his skin, noticing how his svelte fur shifted and changed into scales. They reminded her of that day in the forest when she’d come across him belittling another mare. “So we’re doing this again?” She thought.

“No.” The appaloosa with vibrant green hair declared softly. “No, I don’t think so. Not today.”

He - Obscene - had told her once to make the hard decision, and even if that Obscene had not been entirely her Obscene, she’d realized then (just as much as she realized now) that she would prefer things to be that way. So she was doing exactly what he might someday ask her to do, even if that made very little to no sense at all.

“Obscene we need to talk.” Cheri took a step closer now, reaching for him. “Please...” She begged him without shame or regret, knowing it might be the one thing to keep him still for just a moment longer. Just a moment longer and then she could touch him for the first time in nearly a year, no games or gimmicks attached. Just touch him and keep him here, make him listen for a while before everything spun out of their control again.
    Full-sized image link

@Obscene

Messages In This Thread
    I hate you because I think of you - by Obscene - 07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 04:46 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-02-2021, 06:04 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 10:59 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-03-2021, 12:51 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-09-2021, 05:43 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 11:20 AM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 01:08 PM
    RE: I hate you because I think of you - by Cheri - 08-10-2021, 02:15 PM