• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when i breathed - lagertha

and when i breathed

my breath was lightning

Perhaps they should be Co-Khalessi’s, but Rhy has never sought the throne. She wasn’t upset when Scorch gave it to Lagertha, and if everything else hadn’t been so dire at the time, Rhy would have laughed at Scorch’s reason why. It was entirely true. Lagertha may have bowed to Rhy as Queen, but she would have murdered Scorch in her sleep. Or with eyes wide open. Either way, Rhy’s fiery friend would quite dead.

Rhy is instead glad to see Lagertha rise to the position. The gray mare is capable of leading this kingdom into something great, and capable of not getting them all killed as long as she listens to Rhy. The gold and white mare excelled in knowledge, but she could never lead an army should the need arise. She did also have this very new handy trick of being able to sneak into kingdoms while invisible, gather information and leave without ever being noticed. There were more magicians around than before, and so it was getting harder, but she typically managed to sneak in and out.

She may be kind, but that doesn’t mean she won’t do what’s best for her kingdom.

It doesn’t take long for Lagertha to find her, and either Rhy had appeared at the best place possible, or Lagertha had already been looking for her. Maybe both. They may know each other a little too well. Rhy returns the gentle greeting. It still startles her sometimes that others will touch her. Even though she has long since gotten control over the electric, she remembers Kora and even her parents, always keeping their distance. She remembers the many times Riagan did not, and the many shocks he took for her.

She does not let affection go unnoticed, or without reciprocation. Not when she knows how important it is.

”Bad,” she says at the question. Oh, so bad. The whole thing had been rather crazy. “The other sisters, other than perhaps Sunday and Prague, should be returning soon. There were far too many sisters lingering in an allied kingdom for anyone’s comfort. And Scorch. There should have been twins, but there was only one. No second body, no nothing. The second child is just gone.”

It seems so impossible that something like that could happen, even in a land where everything is possible. And so eventually this too had happened. But who would steal away a child? Though in the end, there’s only a handful that could.

She grins slightly, and then laughs. Typical Lagertha, no real tact, but Rhy rather loves it. She’s blunt and to the point, and sometimes even Rhy gets tired of the pretty words. “Well you’d probably burn the kingdom down without me, so yea.” Her eyes sparkle a little bit. Lagertha could absolutely lead this kingdom without Rhy, but together, they could do it better than alone. Besides, Rhy has to tease a bit.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

Messages In This Thread
    and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 08:35 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Lagertha - 09-11-2015, 02:29 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-11-2015, 04:28 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Lagertha - 09-13-2015, 09:57 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-14-2015, 10:48 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Lagertha - 09-16-2015, 10:58 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - lagertha - by Rhy - 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM