• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I won't just take your hand
    sickle
    She laughs when this boy tells her he hopes whatever isn’t in the egg isn’t any of the things she had shifted into and she glances at him with a wild grin. “You’re a big baby, did you know that?” Sickle thinks it would be pretty cool if a griffin hatched out of this egg right now or a wolf. Though she’s pretty sure that, at the very least, wolves don’t hatch from eggs. She’ll have to try to remember to ask her mom about that when she gets home.

He mentions that it is probably a bird, which makes the most amount of sense. Just not the sort of bird egg she’s ever seen before, like the ones she’s poked around in Tephra before the parents come and chase her away. And none of those had ever been hot.

His suspicions about the egg being hers make her frown and she comments back “Well I didn’t lay it or anything.” Because she’s very extra sure that she would remember doing something like that.

It does sort of match her, but she’s not about to let him know she agrees with him.

A crack appears in the shell and she jolts a little bit, waves of different colours and patterns skittering across her skin when she does, but she doesn’t move back again. She stares with bright, wide eyes as the egg begins to splinter apart and then there’s a baby bird looking up at them both, wreathed in blue fire. “Look!! It is a bird!” She’s pretty sure, at least. She’s seen birds woven from flower before but never one on fire and looking very content about it. 

@Chasm

Messages In This Thread
    I won't just take your hand - by Sickle - 05-24-2021, 07:44 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Chasm - 06-01-2021, 08:35 AM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Sickle - 06-02-2021, 06:41 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Chasm - 06-19-2021, 01:37 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Sickle - 06-24-2021, 05:55 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Chasm - 06-28-2021, 09:11 PM
    RE: I won't just take your hand - by Sickle - 06-30-2021, 07:21 PM