• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any
    Darkling

The shadows that had spat him out do not retreat far. They never do, not when he has such control of them as he does. And from them a creature is born, first indistinct, then coalescing into the form of a monkey. Black as shadow with glowing yellow eyes, the thing scampers to him, climbing with swift and silent agility up his golden limbs until it clings to his neck.

Darkling smiles, pleased to have his beast back.

You seem vaguely familiar, she says. And isn’t that how it always is? A face one cannot quite place, lost in the recesses of time and disinclination to remember. Darkling does not mind. He has forgotten as many of their faces as he remembers.

He looks at her then, black eyes clashing against black. Her flirtations and compliments are not lost on him, but by the stark stare he favors her with, one could almost believe they had been. But then, he is as aware of his pleasing appearance as she is of hers. It is nothing new to hear it from a woman’s lips.

But her name, that stirs a curiosity in him. Draws a faintly dangerous smile to his lips as his dark eyes glitter in the dim light. He draws his gaze deliberately over her. Over the stars that gleam from the galaxies clinging to her skin, the white that clouds them. There is nothing of kindness or purity in that regard. No, it is one filled with pure sin. With the ill-intentions of one who sees something worthy of the name Desire.

“You truly are… Desire,” he drawls slowly even as the smile on his lips grows. And if it was not before, it is now clear that it is not a compliment. The monkey, yellow eyes fixed on her as its master’s are, opens its mouth in an approximation of a laugh. Or a scream, it’s hard to tell. “But I will forgive you for it if you will forgive me.” It is a dangerous game he plays, but it is the only one he knows. Though he knows nothing of her but her name, he suspects it will not go unnoticed. “I am Darkling.”

you're burning up the sky, you're a constellation
    I think that I could die for this revelation

@[Desire]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel you in my bones, shiver up my spine; any - by Darkling - 06-09-2021, 09:16 AM