• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Weren't you praying on your knees for me? Hyperia
    let it all come out and burn like a fire
    Just as the water nymph could not imagine a life as filled with others as Wrenley’s is, neither could the evening nymph imagined a life so devoid of it. The juxtaposition would be a fascinating one, if she bothered to explore it. Whether she would be bothered is yet to be decided, however.

But the other girl’s answer intrigues her. “Pity,” she replies in an almost offhand manner. It might even have been pitiable had Wrenley been moved to pity. But the word as it falls from her lips is far more dismissive than empathetic. In truth, with little commiseration to be found on the subject, the only interest it holds for her is a purely analytical one. “As annoying as they are, I’m not sure I would care to have no one.”

She preens faintly beneath the praise before eying her slightly askance, wry amusement toying with her sullen lips. “So you said.” The dry tone retreats as easily as it had come however, her attention turning instead to the water that seems to want nothing more than to entice the girl to return.

She steps closer, the scent of the blossoms scattered through the evening strands of her hair folding with the clarity of the night as it curls around her. When she speaks again, she turns the conversation from herself with a clear inflection of reluctance. “If you truly have no one, then how exactly do you entertain yourself?” Her voice is faintly skeptical as she speaks. “It sounds awfully dull.”

Wrenley

@[hyperia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Weren't you praying on your knees for me? Hyperia - by Wrenley - 06-02-2021, 09:53 AM