• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Weren't you praying on your knees for me? Hyperia
    Hyperia
    YOU’VE BEEN ON MY MIND SINCE THE FLOOD
    Hyperia barely has parents—let alone ones to write home about. Her mother was oblivious to the children she bore, much like she had been to those before the triplets, and her father saw them more as pawns than his actual children. Hyperia though had nothing to compare it against—nothing to try to make sense of it. Her life was simply what it was. She had been born and immediately separated from her sisters and her life was now this river. This water. It began and ended on its shores and even now, standing away from the water, she begins to feel the faint ache that comes from being apart for too long. The fatigue.

But the conversation is too enthralling for her to mind too much.

She is content to suffer the consequences as she tips her head back to watch Wrenley, studying the elegant way that she dips a shoulder and lifts her nose. The easy way that she moves as though the night settled over her shoulders like a cloak. It was fascinating. “I wouldn’t know,” she answers honestly with a shy tip of her lips. “I’ve never been with someone so I don’t know what it is like to be without them either.”

There’s no self-pity in her voice. Just facts. As though she could divorce the ache in her bones away from the fact that she was, as always, all alone. But she isn’t now, she thinks, and her red eyes warm slightly with the thought, the water moving gracefully as she dips her head in greeting.

“That’s a beautiful name,” she says before offering her own. “I’m Hyperia.”
    HEAVEN HELP THE FOOL WHO FALLS IN LOVE

@[Wrenley]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Weren't you praying on your knees for me? Hyperia - by hyperia - 05-29-2021, 01:23 PM