• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [TAKEOVER]  Bold of you to assume I know what I'm doing

Maybe Tarian doesn't see or sense the fairies because he stopped believing in them a long time ago. There had been nothing magical about men dying or crying out from wounds that wouldn't heal. There was nothing magical in the vacant faces of those who survived, who if they had any expression at all, it appeared as a surprise that they were still among the living.

He had been brought up to revere the Winds, to praise the Stars, to listen to their Ancestors. And Tarian had become a man who believed in none of those things because they had been nowhere to be found. Not in Beyond. Not in Liridon. And certainly not in Beqanna.

The pegasus believes in himself, though. He is confident in his abilities (unless it regards Altissima because he doesn't doubt she would find another way to prove him wrong) and so when he stands with squarely-set shoulders and a lifted head, the picture that presents itself is wholely Tarian. Always the soldier, never the diplomat. His entire focus is on the brute in front of him.

His blue eyes narrow perceptively when the red-eyed Prince says that he intends to make the Pampas a little less quiet. It's not the answer he was hoping for. A not-quiet has the potential for upsetting the peace that Loess has so recently earned.

"Because the Queen of Loess asked that I visit the Pampas and bring back news of it to her," the Champion tells the midnight stallion. Tarian sees no use in keeping that from the newly-appointed leader. His stare becomes more pointed when he asks, "So perhaps you might elaborate on 'a little less quiet.'"

@[Obscene]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Bold of you to assume I know what I'm doing - by Tarian - 05-02-2021, 02:42 PM