• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  places i've not seen before, any
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

His prodding is effective, and the blue and white horse wakes. Then she runs away, and he wonders if perhaps that strange-feeling skin was more sensitive than horse flesh. He’d not meant to hurt her, and as she shakes in the surf, he gets the impression that perhaps she’s even younger than he’d thought. Gale is not the best at aging children. This one is at least three weeks old, he’s sure of it.

(Gale uses ospreys as his metric, having once watched a nest of Erne’s chicks from hatching to flight)

But three weeks is still rather young, so Gale tries a friendly smile, feeling rather relieved himself that she’s not actually dying.

“Well that’s good. The closest healer is in Tephra.” With his self-healing, Gale has never worried much about such things. His stomach rumbles, and it reminds him that he’d been on his way to find something to eat when he climbed back up on shore from the ocean.

“So I’m gonna go get a snack? You can hang out here on the beach if you want. Or whatever.” Gale shrugs, disclosing his lack of interest, but does add in case she also happens to be lost: “Tide should be out in a few hours. Walk straight that way to Ischia, and that way to Tephra.”

He alters her vision for just a moment, illuminating the paths that she might take to leave the island, and then turns his blue gaze back to the papaya grove as his stomach growls again. There is a gnawing sensation that he is forgetting to do something, or perhaps say something, but Gale cannot recall the proper social niceties for finding a sad baby on his doorstep.

“So...” he tries, taking a step toward breakfast. “You good then?” Should he offer her food? He frowns, not necessarily at her, and looks back at the trees.

@[Amathea]

Messages In This Thread
    places i've not seen before, any - by amathea - 04-04-2021, 09:33 PM
    RE: places i've not seen before, any - by Gale - 04-06-2021, 12:39 PM
    RE: places i've not seen before, any - by amathea - 04-10-2021, 07:51 PM
    RE: places i've not seen before, any - by Gale - 04-11-2021, 07:24 AM