• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  half of me is ocean, half of me is sky, any
    Why's she bleeding like that? he thinks, and his head cocks to follow the question, his brow furrowing deeper until the wrinkles are tiny black abysses. There's something wrong with her, whether physically or mentally - she's not there quite right, not really. Orville swallows.

I won't die, dream boy.

"Dream boy?" he murmurs, that concerned head tilting even further. Stuttered steps follow suit, pressing from the deeper water into the shallow water she stands in. No, she is certainly not here like she thinks he is not there. "Dream boy . . ." Orville hums out, blinking, stretching out his nose to hers as she promises she won't die.

"How do you bleed out and not die?" he questions, again, so many questions. But the thought of magic, of healing, of how beautiful things can be twisted into torturous, unforgiving curses answers his question. They're only stories to him, funny bed time curses and laughing parents. This is real, though: Basilica, bleeding like the lost creatures in the scary stories his older siblings once told.

"My name is Orville," he whispers, drawing his mouth back close to his neck. His eyes grow soft with ever-bleeding concern. "But you can call me dream boy." Orville breaths out heavily and closes his eyes. "I think we should stop your bleeding. Even if you won't die. Please."

@[basilica]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: half of me is ocean, half of me is sky, any - by orville - 03-08-2021, 03:26 PM