• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  would you be so kind

No, is the answer that Beyza shares with Aela and the golden mare manages a glance at her pale friend.

Her parents had been from Pangea, she remembers Beyza once sharing with her. Some part of Aela had wondered if familial ties would have tugged the white Magician in whatever direction they had gone and yet she had stayed, either out of loyalty or love for the land or the for the bonds she made within it.

There are flashes of that day sparking across her almost-palomino coat and Aela catches glimpses of it; Straia swallowed whole, the way that the land had rebelled against the changes the former Chamber queen had tried to make. Even Carnage had risen, much to Aela's surprise, to give warning of what might happen if another attempted what Straia had.

Aela can't say that she would have fought as Beyza would have to bring Pangea back if it remained lost but she finds that she appreciates her friend's fire; the white mare has a flame within her that Aela thinks is the fire that will fuel her on to great things. "I didn't grow roots in Taiga," she finally shares with Beyza, a thought that comes softly between the pair. "It wasn't until coming here that I felt...," she tries to explain the happiness she had felt at the realization that not only Beyza was here but Kensley as well.

Those who have mattered at all to Aela have been here and she'd rather be with them, for as long as they would permit her to stay (and with this realization, she decides to seek out the new Pangean leader). She had never handled the gentler side of herself well; most who saw Aela ever saw the gleaming edges of her ambition and the sharp-point of her memories that she always keep cautiously waiting. Their world - as they both had seen - was not a gentle one and Aela had no intention of allowing herself to be devoured by it.

(And she wonders for a moment why her own emotions feel so out of control, like this admission comes from the way that she suddenly feels so strongly about Pangea and Beyza and the role she hopes to play.)

She smiles a little for @[Beyza], "I'm glad to be here with you." The telempath shares, uncharacteristically shy. Aela glances out across the canyons and ravines again, feeling the mood settle into her bones. "I've never felt this way about a place before," she admits. "I never knew how home could... feel."

image credit to footybandit

Messages In This Thread
    would you be so kind - by Beyza - 12-31-2020, 05:28 PM
    RE: would you be so kind - by Aela - 01-04-2021, 07:12 PM
    RE: would you be so kind - by Beyza - 01-08-2021, 10:06 PM
    RE: would you be so kind - by Aela - 01-10-2021, 03:28 PM
    RE: would you be so kind - by Beyza - 01-18-2021, 05:17 PM
    RE: would you be so kind - by Aela - 01-22-2021, 08:48 PM
    RE: would you be so kind - by Beyza - 02-03-2021, 03:36 PM
    RE: would you be so kind - by Aela - 02-06-2021, 12:58 PM
    RE: would you be so kind - by Beyza - 03-03-2021, 10:52 AM
    RE: would you be so kind - by Aela - 03-05-2021, 11:46 AM