• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  show me where the light is, any

It is always easy for Lilliana to talk about her children. There are several things (like so many others in Beqanna) that are much harder to speak of. But to ask after Memorie - an extension of her son, Yanhua - is not hard at all. Her granddaughter and the star grant the Guardian a reprieve from other thoughts that might not have been as pleasant as her current company.

"I never had either," Lilliana tells Borderline. "He just... showed up one night. We've been coming here because he likes it better than being cooped up in the woods." It's an arrangement that she thinks works for everyone; she comes out here with Leonidas and Leilan stays with their twins.

The pale mare speaks of Memorie chasing butterflies and Lilliana laughs. "Bring her around to play with Roselin," she offers. "She has a garden growing and there are plenty of butterflies for her to chase." Better yet, even if the little winged creatures didn't chase back, Oren most likely would.

Lilliana is firm - almost as firm as the shake she gives @[Borderline] - in her reluctance to accept the gratitude from the younger mare. But it slides away with a soft smile when Memorie shouts something and Leonidas abruptly changes his course on the beach with the little filly not far behind him. "You helped heal our home. And Memorie," Lilliana starts, "I don't think there are words to convey the thanks for sharing her." They manage to walk a few more steps before the beachfront game comes racing back to the pair.

Leonidas floats above - darting from one side of Lilliana to the other in search of Memorie - and the chestnut laughs. She lifts her head to look back at her granddaughter and asks, "what do you say, lass?" A daring glow emits from her pale socks and her flame tattoo starts to shimmer against the dark night, "Do we teach this star that Taigan's never surrender?"

Remember when our songs were just like prayers
    Like gospel hymns that you caught in the air?

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-07-2020, 10:32 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-08-2020, 03:22 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-08-2020, 11:51 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-09-2020, 06:12 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-10-2020, 12:04 AM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-12-2020, 12:12 AM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-13-2020, 10:06 PM
    RE: show me where the light is, any - by lilliana - 12-17-2020, 12:31 PM