• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  (any) thing could happen

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

The xenomorph woman is silent for a few moments after Oceane requests her name, though the Loessian Queen can see that it is merely because she is lost in her thoughts and desires. She waits, comfortably silent, and takes the opportunity to further inspect the flickering horns and impressive armor her new companion possesses. Every once in a while, the moon flashes against a whetted predator's tail.

“Oceane,” she offers in return despite the brief moment of reluctance that grips her. Will she recognize the name from stories shared by her kin? “It's nice to meet you, Fiorina.” But the moment passes as the xenomorph returns their conversation to flight, and Oceane forces her muscles to loosen and relax so that she may better enjoy this nighttime jaunt.

Fiorina speaks casually about the loss of her sight, the words accented by short laughter, and though Oceane can't help but to mirror the sentiment, she is still curious - “The fairies intend to give your sight back, right?” She has yet to visit the Mountain or lay amber eyes upon the fairies of Beqanna. Partly, she is fearful of what power they may possess - but mostly, the stories she hears remind her of the arithmancers in Nau-Aib, and the horrors they had committed are not ones the opaline woman cares to revisit.

“Perhaps,” she fumbles for a second, her inquiry accented with the smile that finds her lips, “When the fairies do finally give you your wings, you'd like to make a day out of exploring the skies with me? It's been a long while since I flew with someone who was not yet desensitized to it.”

@[Fiorina]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    (any) thing could happen - by Fiorina - 07-27-2020, 05:38 PM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Oceane - 07-29-2020, 06:55 PM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Fiorina - 08-03-2020, 11:04 AM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Oceane - 08-04-2020, 09:36 AM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Fiorina - 09-03-2020, 03:13 PM
    RE: (any) thing could happen - by Oceane - 09-12-2020, 06:04 PM