• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high | savage pony
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

He’d left moments after Eyas, winging his way through the plumes of smoke behind her. The soot was heavy in his nose and throat, and his eyes were shut tight. They fly close, and only when Eyas banks sharply away (her body language clear – she wishes to be alone) does Gale head upward for cleaner air.

Up and up and up, until his lungs (so recently healed from their second encounter with fire) burn instead from the cold. The soot on his coat is covered in ice, and when his wings can beat no more from exhaustion, they crumple down at his sides while he spins, head over hoof, until the world grows black.

---

Gale wakes, hours later.

He is rather high up in a tree, suspended across several branches.

He sighs.

@[savage]

i decided to use his brother's tagline because it was too good
    hope this is what you wanted when you said you wanted to write with me (:

Messages In This Thread
    i've never fallen from quite this high | savage pony - by Gale - 09-28-2020, 08:56 PM