• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  in this world there's real and make believe

“Lost?” I repeat, and then shake my head with amusement. Not at Fern, but at the possibility and at the good-heartedness that the query represents. “No, I am not lost. I am on a Quest, actually.” There is emphasis on that word – quest – a reverence to the way I say it. The same emotion appears as I glance back over my shoulder, toward the tall peak. Its tip is lost in the clouds, and for a moment my mind, too, wanders toward the Fae.

I imagine the flowers that they’d given me the first time, and at my feet they appear, growing from the earth at an impossible speed. They are joined by long frond ferns when the green mare says my name, and I see them as perfectly crafted images.

(The ferns at Asena’s feet look alive, but closer inspection by someone more knowledgeable about plants would reveal they’ve not truly ferns. Rather, they’re what Asena thinks are ferns. Her gift is bringing her imagination to life, but she cannot spin what she doesn’t understand.)

“Are you a fairy?” I ask, eyeing the wildflowers and the soft green of her coat. “Are you here to give me a clue about where to find a rare flower for the Fairy on the Mountain?” My voices rises in excitement as I speak, and my purple hooves tap in excitement.

@[Fern]

A S E N A

i’d rather run the other way
    than stay and see the smoke and who’s still standing when it clears

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in this world there's real and make believe - by Asena - 09-06-2020, 07:39 AM