• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shot in the dark and right at my throat
    Leilan
    She’d be the one, he thinks to himself when the laughter in her voice and eyes becomes apparent. She’d be the one if there hadn’t been another before her. Similarities to be found, sure - more than he even knows - though the slight difference is refreshing. Distracting, sure - but he mentally recoils when he recognizes the feeling. She can’t become more than a friend. She can’t.

And yet, here she is. You’re incorrigible, Leilan. He knows it to be true. His heart is, likewise, no matter how much he tells it ‘no’. Once upon a time, a million years ago, Brennen had taught him the only thing he ever learned from anyone else. It is simple. I just love them. It had taken him long, too long at the time, to figure out what that entailed, but he knows now. He lives by the day, because it won’t help worrying about the future, because he shouldn’t linger on the past. If anything, Lilli would even be the safest choice.

But can he even take it, even if she were interested in him at all?

He doesn’t give you too much trouble, I hope? Ah, Nashua. A boy not unlike himself , though hopefully more fortunate should he fall in love. That had been his own problem after all. And Lilli’s. ”How about you stop chasing your sons and start living your own moments?” A twinkle to his eyes follows, indicating he doesn’t mind her asking, but it’s still true that he wants her to focus on something else, and most certainly will help her do so.

It’s the same thing Leilan should be doing. Didn’t he just come to that conclusion?

Considering the cold though... it’s not the question he’d wanted to ask, but certainly he finds the answer reassuring. ”So you’ve warmed up to it then?” he smirks, green eyes mischievously glinting at the shy-ish, somewhat serious-looking mare. Sweltering in the heat of Tephra though, well, he’d practically feel like melting over there. A year-round summer simply wasn’t his thing. ”Me too, I remember. I've left Ischia for Nerine, the summer after my abilities started to take a more definite ice-form,” he recalls, musing more or less at the memory. It had been his now ex-wife he’d left the Brotherhood for, of course, but it had been a happy coincidence to get away from the overload of burning sunlight. ”However, if you’re cold,” he shrugs, ”I’ve never failed to keep a girl warm when she asked me to.” At that, he outright grins, waiting for the implication to sink in.

She most likely wouldn’t even dream of it, so it’s a safe enough joke between the two of them, isn’t it?
    I am the dragon
    and you call me insane

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[lilliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a shot in the dark and right at my throat - by Leilan - 09-04-2020, 12:19 PM