• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // oriash
    and in my dreams...
    i've kissed your lips a thousand times

It is to my further maternal disgrace that I do not spot, smell, or hear my second-youngest daughter as she stumbles upon my drinking figure, here at the river. What I would do to reconcile my wrongdoings with her knows no end (at least it feels that way) but I've been lax in my efforts to demonstrate that -- further damage to my already-shoddy relationship with sweet Oriash. What time we spent together during her early months (weeks, really) would never account for the remainder of her childhood which Solace and I (I in particular) missed.

One would think that when history sought to repeat itself that its subjects would act in such a way as to prevent a duplicate travesty. I know, somewhere deep and uncomfortable to turn to in the privacy of my own mind but which I force myself to bear witness to when I can, that Oriash joined Abysm in the mother-wound club many years ago.

If ever I discovered the true identity of the mare who approaches me now at the river's edge, I would find some humour in the fact that we meet one another in a dressed-down state. No antlers. No magic (or rather, an apparent lack thereof). Where she hides her leopard spots, however, mine gleam in the sunlight.

Her nicker causes my head to bob up, water dripping from my chin with an inelegant but honest drip, drip, drip. I offer a return call, the tones warbling with warmth, and settle to watch as the mare stoops for a quick draught of the river's current. Good morning, she offers, neither here nor there in the way of friendliness, though her countenance betrays no hostility to be sure.

"And a good morning to you as well," I reply, a soft and genuine smile colouring my expression. Tentative, I reach to exchange breath with the mare in the old way and straighten soon thereafter. An unnameable and creeping tension arises in my spine and in the back of my mind; I feel my intuition roll around like weight through my subconscious. I neglect to pay it mind. 

"My name is Kagerus, what is yours?" My head tilts and a compliment comes unbidden to my tongue. "Your coat is beautiful, by the way."

kagerus

Enjoying Middle-Age in Tephra | Lover of Solace | Immortal, Dreamweaving Fantasist

@[Oriash]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // oriash - by Kagerus - 06-09-2020, 07:24 PM