• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

acts like summer and walks like rain
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

The rest of Beqanna appears to be going about their lives as usual. Horses wander through the River, on their way for a drink or a bit of gossip. One brave soul even appears to be swimming in the water! The thought of anything less than warm tropical seas is unappealing to the brindle stallion, and he wrinkles his face slightly in distaste.

He’s much too far away for it to be impolite.

Far enough away from the swimmer, but not for the horse that he spots out of the corner of his eye at the very last moment. He dodges to the side, forgetting to wipe away the expression, and for a moment he answers Chemdog’s polite apology with a furrowed brow and something slightly less positive than incredulity. But then she shakes his head and his white forelock.

“Oh sorry, someone was swimming over there and it’s cold and I didn’t see you. I wasn’t… I’m Blue. I mean Gale, I’m Gale.” The brindle stallion is rather verbose in his apology, as he is in most things. When the black stallion introduces himself, Gale takes this as a sign that the conversation has not been ruined after all. He grabs hold of what Chemdog has offered, giving his own in return with a bright smile that transforms his previous expression.

“Good to meet you.” he tells the taller stallion, having forgotten his previous introduction remarkably quickly.  “I’m Gale.” He’s quiet for a moment, curiously inspecting Chemdog’s white markings. He’s not seen their like before with his own eyes. Then he glances up to meet the bright turquoise eyes of the other horse, and smiles entirely without suspicion. “Your eyes are almost the same color as the sea around my home.” Gale tells Chemdog, imparting that knowledge with much the same manner as when he recounting any fact: slightly enthusiastic and definitely hopeful that the other will like knowing this as much as he has enjoyed telling.

@[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    acts like summer and walks like rain - by Gale - 04-18-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: acts like summer and walks like rain - by Gale - 04-24-2020, 07:17 AM