• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  scattered into so many pieces, chasity

No one ever really seems to leave.

She ponders this for a moment, remembering the inhabitants of the Deserts and the warrior women who reigned the thick jungles. She recalls the kind hearted who lived among the Heavens Gates, and the creatures of darkness that lurked in the Valley. Names old kings and queens roll through her mind; Magdala and The Archer and Prague. She thinks of her children, Starwine and Starbane, and the grandchildren she never met. She thinks of friends. Family.

Could any of them possibly still be here, too? There is something in her companion’s smile that gives her hope. She clings to it tightly, and despite all doubts, she quietly hopes that she is right.

Chasity settles beside her new friend, ready to meander slowly through the winding forest, but she stops in her tracks when she realises who her companion is.

“Ryatah!” she exclaims, and she cannot disguise her excitement at finding this lost treasure from her past, for now she knows there is someone who remembers it all too. “Oh, it is so good to see you.”

Though she does not recognise the angelic mare, she knows the name of the former Queen well. She recalls visiting the mystical kingdom, forming bonds and alliances with its members between the dale’s sweeping slopes. Another reminder that things are…

“…different,” she repeats with a sad laugh. “Yes, they certainly are.”

She wants to ask about these new lands but she cannot find the words, because to speak of them is to accept that they are real, and if they are real, so is her existence in them. It could still be a dream (a nightmare?), a mistake; she could wake tomorrow and find herself in the old comfort of home. So, she buys herself just a little more time. She clings to the threads that connect her and Ryatah to the past, tangles herself in them.

“When I found my way back I was so excited to see my old home again. I didn’t know…” she trails off sadly, meeting her friend’s eye. “Do you miss it, Ryatah? The way things were?”

CHASITY

listen to the birds sing softly.

<3 <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: scattered into so many pieces, chasity - by Chasity - 04-02-2020, 06:36 AM