• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Sweet speak with a mean streak; any
    Warlight

"I'm not a poet," she laughs. "Although I think the starlight lead me into thinking maybe I could be."

He continues, the conversation moving on and she is enjoying learning more about him. She understands his lack of true attachment to Tephra, she had never felt the kind of connection to any of her homes that her mothers' had felt for Hyaline. But she had always wanted to. She had wanted to feel it for Tephra. His response is a deep enough answer for her, all correctly wrapped up with the fact that she, truly, had already known.

"...You gotta find your own reason, you know?"

The words hang between them fr a breath as she realizes this, and then she gives a deep sigh which turns in to a sort of laugh at the end.

"Well, I'm a fighter." She says, shifting the topic. That the majority of her battles had taken place on another plane she didn't believe was relevant information. "So if you ever feel like changing that, if you want to be a tiny bit useful, find me and we'll find out if you have any fight in you." 

"It would be fun," pushing her limits and feeling the blood rush of a challenge had always been the epitome of fun for her, "and if I'm a little out of shape I would rather find that out with you than if Tephra needs some help."

— soul as sweet as blood red jam —

Sorry this is so so late!! Let me know if you ever want a slow posting mock Big Grin
    [Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Sweet speak with a mean streak; any - by Warlight - 12-19-2019, 04:19 PM
    RE: Sweet speak with a mean streak; any - by Warlight - 03-29-2020, 10:02 AM