• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

light a candle, cast a shadow [Halcyon]

we wear the mask
    that grins and lies

When finally Beryl reveals her full frame from behind the gnarled brown tree root, Halcyon's glowing feline eyes immediately navigate to the galaxy that lay tattooed against her muscled shoulder. His gaze lingers on the galactic swirls, appreciating the whirlpool mix of purple and blue and red for the few moments that she questions Ischia. "It's the island where I was born," he tells her finally, eyes moving back to hers, though he's truthfully unsure if he had actually been born there or simply found.

The tiger cub leaves this thought behind as Beryl lowers her voice conspiratorially. I'm not really a lion, she says, and Halcyon can't help the easy, warm laughter that falls from between his whetted teeth. He means to tell her that he is not really a tiger, but falters before he speaks ─ in actuality, the boy feels more tiger than horse. He has spent the majority of his short life with paws and sharp teeth and growing predatory urges.

Titanya had taught him that he was capable of killing; he has yet to experiment with this, but there is a primal urge that lingers beneath his usually passive demeanor that he sometimes finds himself daydreaming about.

The shadows fall away and are replaced by the resplendence of Beryl's galaxy, making the forest seem more and more inviting until ─ out of the darkness trudges the obsidian lion. Its eyes are dark and unfeeling, its paws silent. Halcyon watches in awe as the Shadow-Cat settles in the space in front of he and Beryl. As his orange eyes rove the creation before them, his companion explains what the Shadows have told her of real lions and, though this intrigues the yearling, the sudden screech that egresses from the branches above them swiftly secures his attention instead.

Beryl is behind him suddenly, and though his invisibility flickers for a moment, Halcyon solidifies again once his initial shock has ebbed away. He laughs, wide-mouthed, with his lips pulled away from the sharp teeth behind them, and pulls his claws slowly back into his striped paws. "I don't think they're supposed to fall like acorns but," he offers a tentative smile to the younger lioness before taking a small step to the side to allow Beryl space next to him, "it's nice of you to drop in, Livinia. I'm Halcyon."

@[Beryl] & @[Livinia]
    ""
    n | j

Messages In This Thread
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow [Halcyon] - by Halcyon - 03-11-2020, 02:01 PM