• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  a relit cigarette never tastes the same; any
    L E P I S
    i hear the voice of rage and ruin
    What little she knows about the world before it faced the Reckoning is as much fairy tale as it is history. There was little use dwelling on a world that was no longer, her mother had told her, of a world that would never be again.

So rather than the political history of the Falls, Lepis knows that it was the cause of death a pair of starcrossed lovers. Rather than recount the battles won by the Chamber of Evil, Lepis instead knows that it was full of pines and rocky precipices. She has never heard the name Topsail, and were it not for this chance encounter in the Meadow she might have remained ignorant all her life.

The smirk from the other is not exactly comforting, but it is also not the baring of too-many teeth, and Lepis accepts it for what it is. Her blue grey-eyes do go wider at the sound of words within her mind, and the rest of her goes very still.

Yet the words themselves are not unpleasant, and the dun mare is certain she hears a joke toward the end. She frowns - how had the other mare done that? Lepis is never able to convey more than flatness in her projections: words without tone.

[Do you speak silently for a reason?] she asks, and indeed the words are dull and flat despite the frown that has turned into curioisty on Lepis' blazed face. "It is useful sometimes," she admits aloud, "But you're much better at sounding natural than I. I've not had much time to practice; the ability is still new to me." The admission that she is not the very best at something is not as difficult as it would have been in years past. She does not have to be the best at everything, Lepis has learned. Only the best at some things, and those things she is certain she is.

n | l

@[Topsail]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a relit cigarette never tastes the same; any - by Lepis - 03-11-2020, 07:39 AM