• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

paradise is in my soul; raul
    i will be brutal
    Back when scales were a permanent part of him, he liked the rain. He thought it made it easier to shed his winter skin when he dragged himself lazily against coarse tree bark. Now that the years have reshaped his world and taken his quirks from him, he keeps a sense of affinity for the weather. Somewhere in his mind he remembers storms that crushed and pulled the kingdoms apart into something new entirely. This drizzle is hardly anything in comparison, he thinks with a smirk.

He watches the distant blur of the stranger come into focus without his sage green eyes squinting in the dark. No one familiar, as he had expected, but he offers a light nod just the same. The other is not a child in the traditional sense of the word but he is not nearly old enough to recognize the old serpent either. The world knows of Raul but he has only known this nation for a minute. Those are the best years, Larva thinks, and he finds himself envious.

We’ll miss it when the summer scorches our backs,” he replies with a laugh. But that was always the way of things. They miss the snow when the heat is unbearable and likewise ache for it when winter bites at their ears. “My name is Larva, of.. Tephra, I think it is?

And then he laughs once more, still fumbling with the new regions and their thrones. Raul could tell him where he calls home and the viper would only smile and nod as though he understood perfectly were that even was. But these facts are mostly trivial to him either way. They don’t hold the same histories as the Valley or the Gates, so they are surely more agreeable than those old rivalries.

What has you wandering so late at night? Or are these your normal hours?

He tilts his head, his eyes wandering to the markings of the stranger curiously. Everyone had been such dreary colors in his time that he finds himself fascinated with the red across Raul’s face.
    @[Raul]

Messages In This Thread
    paradise is in my soul; raul - by Larva - 01-26-2020, 10:39 PM
    RE: paradise is in my soul; raul - by Raul - 02-06-2020, 02:58 PM
    RE: paradise is in my soul; raul - by Larva - 03-05-2020, 06:36 PM