• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  between the lines of fear and blame
    Divest’s assessment of his lackadaisical behavior brings a smile to the brindle stallion’s face; that the island life is one of extreme relaxation is what had lured him here in the first place. Castile might have been trying to steer him away from Ruinam’s little paradise, but a life of peace and quiet is exactly what Blue had needed. The lack of political intrigue suits the young stallion just fine. Their distance from the rest of Beqanna is measured in more than the span of waves between the resort and the mainland.

The pastel mare seems amused by his reluctance to add a visit to the Mountain as a something and the soft chime of her laughter is nearly reminiscent of the fairy. He would like to hear it again, he realizes, to see her smile and make her laugh. That she is so eager to help strengthens his desire, and Blue feels his own smile growing as well, despite the topic of their conversation. That he can smile and talk about family is another benefit of his time on the Island Resort, he thinks, and perhaps of being near Divest.

“I think it would,” he tells her. “I am going to try and find out more about my own family, but I think hearing about your family would help too. Then I can tell the fairy about your family, and not just mine.” Just in case I cannot find mind, he doesn’t add, though the worry remains in the back of his mind. The fear that they are gone – long dead or worse – always lingers. That had kept him from the Mountain for these years, and from Loess as well once he had identified the kingdom in his blurry memories.

@[Divest]

Messages In This Thread
    between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 01-23-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 01-27-2020, 07:59 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-02-2020, 02:13 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-13-2020, 08:17 AM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-19-2020, 08:48 AM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 03-05-2020, 08:38 AM