• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

If my heart was a house; Oceane
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    There is a number of things wrong with Oceane, and it takes a few heartbeats for him to recognize what, exactly. As she greets him without a smile or even a remote gleam in her eyes, he can’t quite make sure how she’s feeling - numb perhaps - but her toneless question, which when directed at him she knows is a pointless one, confirms what her face says.

Her face says nothing, so he does. ”What have you done with Oceane, and who are you now? Pond?” A much smaller body of water, much shallower; because that’s what she is now.

He doesn’t actually expect her to even remotely smile at the incredibly stupid jokes he makes, and so instead, he closes the distance to touch her on the jaw briefly, his scaled nose possibly a little cold, but his intentions warm, for a friend. A bit of comfort never hurt anyone, he thinks, although perhaps with his line of offspring he should know that it is possible - but he doesn’t think of that right now. She is his friend, unlikely as that may be when all his friends could be counted on one hand. His world is divided in two categories: family (mostly adopted these days), and others (the majority, including blood-relatives). He supposes that’s what happens when you build a wall of ice around your chest and leave only small openings - only for those willing to find the holes.

He doesn’t regret it, but he sure as hell doesn’t want to lose the few he has. But what could possibly be wrong with her? Is it similar to the time in the forest? No, much worse - she had been chipper enough to talk to the brown, brown mare, and even be cheered up by his stupidity. So, he retracts and just waits for her - for her to say or do literally anything, or nothing.

There’s nothing else he can do.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Oceane]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Leilan - 02-04-2020, 02:52 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Oceane - 02-05-2020, 04:26 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Leilan - 02-06-2020, 01:12 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Oceane - 02-10-2020, 02:15 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Leilan - 02-11-2020, 04:07 PM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Oceane - 02-17-2020, 09:31 AM
    RE: If my heart was a house; Oceane - by Leilan - 02-19-2020, 11:19 AM