• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Though Our Lands Are Apart, Our Hearts Are One [Kingdom Residents]

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    Despite never having had a foal herself, Eurwen thinks she understands Brine. Perhaps she might have done the same, if circumstances had been similar. ”Sometimes the best we can do for our loved ones is let go - let grow.” she offers softly, into the winds of Nerine. Sometimes, if one is restricting the growth of the other, then their love must be brave enough to give the other space. Brine had seen that, even if Ruthless was now too young or too immature to understand it yet.

It is all that the rose-spotted mare contributes to the conversation; perhaps Aten will understand and perhaps he will never grasp why.

They are silent a while before the topic of Eurwen and therefore, Nerine, surfaces. She offers a shy and grim smile to the male. ”I’m making up for years lost. I’m not sure they’d called themselves lucky when I disappeared.” Then, she quickly shakes her head. She wasn’t being fair to herself, and she sighs. ”I was named heir and princess and I bolted, then collapsed. I couldn’t even find the strength to return home until Ori called me stupid in not so many words.”

The six-year-old gives Aten a sideways look. ”I should have done what you did for Taiga.” They’re both here now, but Eurwen didn’t feel like she was here rightfully - more like she had to earn her place back. Perhaps that was just a fidget of her own imagination, but it’s not something she’ll easily let go of.

Aten however, has questions she cannot fully answer. ”I’ve known Heartfire as an older cousin all my life. All I can tell you is that I can’t imagine her leaving like this without a very good reason - or lack of choice in the matter.” The spotted mare answers, her deep dark eyes considering his surprise. To Eurwen it had been a shock too, but perhaps more because her family in Nerine was getting smaller and smaller. Now, perhaps Brazen was still here? But she wasn’t even sure about that.

”Come, let’s search for Neverwhere then.”

@[Aten] do you want to tag Neverwhere here or start a 1-on-1 with her?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Though Our Lands Are Apart, Our Hearts Are One [Kingdom Residents] - by Eurwen - 01-13-2020, 02:44 AM