• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She sells seashells by the sea shore // Oceane
    oceane
    at me, the sea withdrew

There is no hesitation in Aquaria's agreement to visit the foothills, no hmmm'ing and hawing that she would have to travel nearly half a continent to see the opaline pegasi again. Oceane can appreciate an adventurous soul — she is in possession of one herself — and finds herself hoping that this friendship will continue to blossom beyond the banks of the riverland.

"Wonderful!" she exclaims as she tosses her forelock from her gilded eyes again, having been mussed by an errant bout of wind that had made it beyond their woodsy bulwark. "I could even meet you at the southern shore, if you'd prefer to swim from Ischia." She'd visited the southernmost point of Loess with Ivar last, but she has refused to shy away from one of the most peaceful areas of her home on account of the malicious kelpie.

She chuckles warmly. "Perhaps that decision is best left up to you. The springtime is beautiful, of course, with the desert shrubbery blooming," she adjusts the blue and lavender wings at her side, pulling the right one back a little ways to reveal the bulge in her abdomen, "But if you'd rather not be accompanied by a newborn, then I could give you a tour in the summer when my child is inevitably more interested in exploring than joining my daily activities."

And, to Aquaria's credit, it does appear that she knows exactly who Oceane had encountered during her first and only visit to the island territory. Though the finned woman doesn't identify him by name, the way she wrinkles her champagne nose and offers explanation of her own heritage offers Oceane enough evidence of the woman's relationship, or lack thereof, with the blue painted kelpie.

"I would love that," she says softly and with obvious appreciation of Aquaria's offer, "Perhaps when you come to visit in Loess, I can accompany you on your journey home."

@[Aquaria]
    " "
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Oceane - by Oceane - 01-12-2020, 05:40 PM