• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia
    The scent of smoke arrives before she does. The soft glow of flame in the dim forest emerges, the mare it belongs to pale in her own light. A salty smile twists my lips, nearly welcoming of the very woman I had come to find. 

"Hello soot-for-brains." I sighed, straightening my back to greet her. "Well, well, well. So the rumors are true. Please tell me they had to drag you kicking and screaming to get you to this nothing backwoods." I drawled, lip curled as I took in the dim landscape. Reia looks like a wildfire waiting to happen here, the spark that would burn the whole forest to the ground if she decided to. 

A derisive snort bursts from me at her accusation. "Such a high opinion of yourself. No, I was just curious. Why should the Loessian princess find herself very suddenly not in Loess?" I crushed a fallen pinecone gingerly under one hoof. "Finding out seemed as good a way to waste the morning as any." The scents clinging to the milk pale mare are chaotic, an incomplete blend of the two lands in question. Other horses, other places, they all radiate from her in a hard to read muddle. 

My wings rustle absently, a sound made oddly loud by the muffling trees and thick carpet of shed needles underfoot. She was doing her predatory dance again, hungry eyes and moistened teeth. A wry grin of my own was the only reply. So maybe hunting here wasn't so good after all, poor dragonette. 

@[Reia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In Hell I'll be in good company // Reia - by Rebelle - 01-09-2020, 03:11 PM