• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i could blame it on the mist - any

He’s not entirely sure if he’s here to stay or not. He was almost old enough that his mother stopped hanging over him, trying to get him to stop running off. He waited till she fell asleep though and just snuck out at night. But now, he’s nearly two, and he can’t live in the Amazons unless he wants to be someone’s bitch for the rest of his life. And he really doesn’t want to do that.

He knows his father lived in the Valley, and is pretty sure they guy ruled here a few times. Though that would have been so long ago it was entirely irrelevant now. Actually, it was entirely irrelevant in general, because Rhonan didn’t care. The only thing he cares about is seeing the place his dad has called home. It’s the closest he’ll ever get to Covet. Rhonan doesn’t mourn not having a father. It doesn’t upset him, doesn’t make him feel unloved (his mother watches the boys close enough that he knows he’s a least some prizes possession, and maybe even loved at that). But still, he would like to know what bits he can. Would like to know if he was born to follow in his father’s footsteps.

If he hates it here, he’ll wander to the field and see what vultures come hunting for him. Maybe someone entertaining will pick him up.

But for now, he stops on the border of the Valley. He’s vaguely tempted to just walk in, because it sounds like something is going on. But then again, he doesn’t feel like walking into the middle of some kingdom meeting or some shit and having the other horses actually think he wants anything to do with that yet. He still hasn’t decided. He actually just wants someone to find him, and see if they seem worth his time. So he waits at the border, settling in to nibble at the pathetic grass beneath his feet. He figures he could be here for a while.

rhonan.

you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing.
    It had been a long few days full of excitement and nerves. I had never expected for things to actually turn out the way I had intended. I had expected more of a fight from certain players of the field, but then again, sometimes change is what everyone is searching for. Especially when a kingdom lays dormant. Sometimes a small plan with so many possibilities and a change of rulership was exactly what a place needed. And it helped when the previous ruler accepted your plans and welcomed you silently from the back of the small crowd that surrounded you. It was when I had gained Eight's acceptance and felt the valley's hands wrap around me in approval that I knew the first step had been completed.

I, surprisingly, had taken place of the magician king. At first I had felt proud, and excited even. But then came the shock and the need to walk off the adrenaline that sped through my veins and caused my legs to become slightly shaky whenever I would come to a stop. And so I walked. Walked away from the group and into the trees, my glowing jaguar spots causing a soft glow around me as I stepped deeper into the forest. The voices began to fade as I moved even further away, the silence of the kingdom wrapping itself in a tender embrace around my graying and winged body. Tall and lean, I weave through the closely pressed together trees, headed nowhere inparticular until I see the see the tree line up ahead.

I can remember the first day I had stood on the other side of that tree line, looking up at the towering mixed pines and oaks as I contemplated stepping inside. The valley had called me to her, and for a few years I had spent wandering around in silence, watching and observing until I had crept out of the shadows due to the unnatural quiet. That quiet was exactly why I had done what I done. Even if others didn't agree, the moves he had made were done entirely for the valley herself. Not for myself.

"Hello.. Welcome to The Valley," my voice is gruff as I step out of the trees and into the open, my wings ruffling slightly at my side as I look over at the golden painted boy. "I'm Demian, how can I help you?" The fact this one, painted with the amazons scent, hadn't made his way to the kingdom meeting and had seemingly waited here mildly impressed him. It wasn't every day that you could find someone able to avoid the temptation of prying their noses where they shouldn't or weren't even close to being ready to do so. So many were driven by curious ears and possibility of witnessing much overdue dramatics in order to spice up their boring little lives. The fact the boy was different, well there was something to be said about that... All good things of course. For now.

demian

carnage x adalind

Ooc: I'm basically pretending the meeting is done and over Tongue

Rhonan probably shouldn’t impress anyone. He doesn’t pry because he actually doesn’t care. He doesn’t give two shits who rules the Valley (or anywhere else for that matter) unless it’s life or death for him. He has no reason to care. The painted boy is just that, a boy. He doesn’t serve a kingdom, and certainly has no plans to serve the one he was born into. That may be the only thing he does care about. He’s no manservant. Screw that noise.

A meeting just sounds like work, sounds like aligning himself with some kingdom he’s not ready to align himself with. He’s not like Demian. The Valley doesn’t call to him (nor does anywhere else, for that matter). He’s here because the Valley called to his father, because that alone makes him wonder if he might fit in here. In the end, he doesn’t know if he’s cut out for kingdom life. Maybe he’ll be a meadow bum. Or a herd stallion, and collect himself some pretty mares. He has no idea. And really, he doesn’t think he needs to know. Not yet.

It’s not all that long, considering Rhonan’s bad timing, before a stallion with glowing jaguar marks finds him. In another other world, Rhonan might find those marks weird. But this is Beqanna, and it’s pretty normal to glow. “Rhonan,” he says, because he at least has managed to learn it’s polite to give his name. Though sometimes he forgets, or decides he doesn’t feel like it. “I kind of just wanted to check the place out. My dad used to live here.” This is only half an explanation, but it seems like more than enough to Rhonan. Words have never really been his strong suit.

rhonan.

" you say I'm crazy, but I think I'm freaking amazing. "
    Even though I hadn't come from a kingdom full of warrior women with the only males roaming around being diplomats, manservants and sons, I could in a way understand where the boy was coming from. I had come from the band of knights in the all male kingdom. The only women there had been partners, diplomats, and daughters. And even though I had no desire to find love, or even so much as try to procreate, the over abundance of testosterone had been one of the few reasons I was driven away, besides the fact it was so freaking cold. Back in the day I had no desire to rule. The only reason I had gained the desire now was simply to revive the valley of it's silence.

I guess that's why I found it refreshing to find someone who had no desire to involve themselves. It gave me a chance to take a break from my diplomatic mindset and with a sigh of relief and a slight smile I nod in his direction. "It's nice to meet you Rhonan." It was relieving to be talking to someone who truly didn't care in the least who I was. And for as long as I could, I'd do my best to keep it a secret until I absolutely no longer could. I liked still being seen as normal. Having others not really care about me, and being just interested in what they were after more so then they were myself was still my favorite way to go despite the title I now held.

I had never come across someone who wanted to just explore the inside of the valley. Well. Unless you counted myself. I had done that a long time ago and had never left... My little excursion had then led me to these moments of history. I still wasn't sure though if it was entirely the best thing. There was nothing I wanted more than to be successful at what I had set out to do. But there was never a guarantee that things would ever go exactly as planned or hoped for. I guess only time would tell.

"Oh, he did?" My eyebrow suddenly piques in slight interest as I tilt my head in slight curiosity towards the boy. "Who was your father?" I was never great at small talk. I always started off boring and without much interest of my own until finally I found that one little thing I could probably talk hours about. "You may stay here as long as you like. Nobody will really mind. Feel free to explore wherever you want. And if you have questions, the others or even myself can do my best to answer them. Though I have to say, if you leave one day, I do hope the Valley leaves an impression on you, like it does the rest." With the tiniest of smiles tugging at the corners of my lips I look back over my shoulder towards the towering tree line. "She has a personality of her own really. And rings to the beat of her own heart."

demian

carnage x adalind

He is his parent’s child. Myrina may love the Jungle, but she’s never really served it. Covet certainly served the Valley, but still, in the end he didn’t give two many shits about too many things. His is a product of his mother’s pretty pretty princess coat (with a tinge of orange in his eyes to hint of his father) and his father’s sheer awkward apathy. Not that he’s never ever known his father, so he wouldn’t really know this. He takes after his father in that he will never be a diplomat either. He’s no good with words, and doesn’t really care to try.

The stallion is pleasant, welcoming him in easy enough. If pressed, despite Rhonan’s lack of social graces, he would have to admit that it’s good to be back in normal company again. Whenever he’s alone, he swears he spies Noah out of the corner of his eye. But Noah is gone. Noah may never have been real in the first place. He still doesn’t know, and sometimes he can’t help but wonder if the demon ever plopped him back in Beqanna at all.

Reality, to him, has become a strange concept. And the entire realization that he’s lived so many lives (all of them horrible) makes him reluctant to try again. The boy has burned and killed and destroyed everything he’s ever had – not purposefully, but still, it was all gone. Not that he currently intended to inform the residents of the Valley of this. Or anyone. No one would want him then. Hell, they probably barely wanted him now.

Demian seems interested at the mention of his father though, and so Rhonan answers. “Covet. Never met him. Just know he lived here.” He doesn’t seem upset about this, and he isn’t. How could he miss something he never had? Hell, when Beqanna had burned (that had been a dream, hadn’t it?), he hadn’t even been sad at the realization his brother and mother burned with it. But he misses his crow, and he misses Noah.

And then, just because he’s still an asshole, despite his strange young life, “I heard the Chamber’s the one with the heart. Which seems creepy as fuck, so I didn’t go there.”

rhonan.