• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there might be darkness, possibly; ANY
    There’s a time between light and dark which is both and yet neither; the grey area, the twilight zone, both-and-neither. He can still see his hooves, just, and the stars are not out; yet the impeding evening has already begun, with the foxes screaming to their mates and the wolves rustling through the underbrush.

Of course, Roth is what he likes to consider a man, so it does not particularly bother him. In an ideal world, daytime would be very handy to see in a place he has never been in before, but on this occasion, he thinks, the twilight gives a kind of atmosphere to the kingdom that he hasn’t experienced much elsewhere. Eerie, creepy; mist hanging out doing its spooky thing, and so on. It’s pretty, awe-inspiring, magnificent, even.

And, hopefully, his new home.
    Yes, you read correct.
    Roth has decided to put down some roots. He has been a wanderer for quite a while, perhaps following in his parents footsteps. He has seen what the world has to offer, and yet he has always ended up back here, funnily enough. It’s like a timehole, or a loop, or maybe all the paths in the world will always lead back here.

The bay ‘behemoth’ stops at the border. Like a good horse would. Y’know, if he ever hopes to last in an evil kingdom, he really should up his game.
    ` where's your moose?

it had been so long since I had taken the time to walk along the valley's borders in the evening. though you could easily say that the reason I did was for the simple fact that I had made a very daring move as of late. there was no telling how it would turn out so soon, so instead of waiting around and sweating for the results impatiently I decided that walking the borders in search of others company. my steps are fluid as I weave through the trees towards the front of the kingdom, cloaking myself in the mist that hung tenderly in the air. the only evidence of my movement being the soft orange glow that surrounded me due to the glowing jaguar spots that dotted my body in an unusual pattern for the equine.

slowly I emerged from the mist, wings tucked tightly against my sides as I caught sight of a figure standing at the borders, refusing to pass. only a newcomer would stop in such ways, or of course a diplomat and I wisely knew this horse could not go ignored. every one of them that came to the valley was more important than ever. especially now. "hello," my voice carries quiet yet deeply across the space that was step-by-step growing smaller between him and the other. "welcome to the valley, I'm demian." slowly I came to a stop, standing in between the 'man' and the valley.

It was now that I began to take notes of the other. The way their male appearance was stronger than the one that hid underneath. But how reality was strong enough to take note that in no way was this one to be considered or taken as a female. He was someone different. And I always liked different. the imperfect, the flawed, the ones who stood out from the rest, the black sheep... all of them. those were the ones I liked most. so it was almost certain that I might already like him more than I normally would when first meeting someone.

"What can I do for you this evening?"

original html by strells, edited by taz | character by taz