• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A family thread! Friends welcome. :) (Eira, Weir, all siblings!)

Face your worst fears and conquer them.
    Papa had certainly been busy this last season, birthing two babies. Which was kind of weird but at least he was certainly special. He would be special anyways. Him and Momma had made me a part of their family and I was so incredibly lucky to be a part of it. Things were definitely not dull. Papa definitely kept things interesting.

I curled my wings to my sides as I navigated a small trail through the pine forest. I was growing and growing, this coming season I would be two. I was finally growing more into my body and I wasn't so much legs and fuzz as I used to be. Now...now I was a little bit more proportioned. My thoughts were my own as I traveled the small game trail. It was cold with winter here and although I had been told it could be much worse, I still felt the chill in my bones. Soon spring would be here and that would make it all better.

Don't get me wrong. I love the Winter too. I love the fun things Papa does with his own special kind of magic. He always makes me laugh and there's not a day go by that I don't love him and Momma a little more.

But it had been a couple of days since I had seen them. I had been off wandering and they were busy keeping my newest siblings in check. Maybe it was time to check back in. I find Papa first. He is the easiest to find as he is often in the area where snow was falling when there wasn't any. I smile when I find him, brush my nose against his cheek. "Papa." And then Momma is close too. "Momma." I say, brushing my nose against her neck and curling into her side. "Where are my siblings?" I ask after a moment and nuzzle my nose into Momma's neck one more time, inhaling the scent that is so wholly hers and Papa's.

Graeme
    WEIR
    Wow, being a Mother was hard work. Weir had discovered this the hard way but perhaps the best way one could really see this, was to see for themselves. They were a bit of a handful, the twins, one more so than the other but there were days they both gave him a real run for his money. The red roan stallion did his best to keep them in check but there is no doubt in his mind that they still got away with plenty. Don’t get me wrong, they were good enough kids, decent in most respects. One was a bit sassier than he can hope but when you looked at their Sire, well…

Their other Sire that is. He was sort of a Sire too, well maybe more of the Dam in this case. Warship was undoubtedly a man, had to be, Weir didn’t recall him ever being pregnant. Not while they knew each other at least. Whatever Weir was, little Rowling made sure to refer to him as ‘Mom’. Good thing Weir was so jolly, so joyful and laid back. He didn’t mind, for the most part, he knew who they meant. Truthfully they should probably be taken to see their old man sometime but Weir had put it off, he knew full well Warshyshippy would be cross with him. First he would have to convince him they were even his but one moment spent with Fastlane, their was no denying that girl’s lineage. Not a chance.

Today he was trying to entertain them, causing fat flakes of snow to fall along their backs and tickle their faces. Each white dollop fluttering down from the sky like a piece of fluffy cotton. Winter was on its way out but that was only a minor detail, every day could be winter if Weir wanted. Along with the snowfall he made things, a little sled of snow pulled by a proud looking reindeer. The contraption danced around their hooves, twisting through their legs as it made a trail through the drifts. It was a small replica, barely knee high to Weir but big enough for a pinch of detail. A gleam in the little creatures eye, the delicate twists in the reigns that had no functional purpose.

When Graeme approaches Weir smiles broadly, her velvet muzzle touching the warmth of his cheek in greeting. The chill of the air didn’t bother him anymore, never robbed his flesh of the fire that kept it moving. He did suspect that he ran a bit cooler than they did, or something like that, his internal temperature had to be off a bit for him to feel warm even in the midst of a blizzard. “Jolly afternoon Graeme,” he delighted in saying as she moved to touch her Mother in the same sort of introduction. “Oh, why just there,” he tilts his rusty head, moving aside and motioning to the children playing not too far off.
    WINTER IS COMING
    Their little family has grown so quickly.

In the course of a few years their family has grown from three (Weir, Eira and Neva) to a whopping six.
    It’s funny to think about it, really. Five years ago when she’d first stumbled upon Beqanna she’d had absolutely nothing. Had been no one. The thought of a family of her own had been a distant, unlikely dream.

And yet here she is.

She smiles as she looks down at the little chestnut filly at her side, the latest addition to their growing family. Lumi’s birth this morning had been as quick and easy as her brother’s, and the little girl had been quick to her feet. Perfectly healthy in every way. Eira hasn’t had the chance to introduce her to Weir yet, but she’s certain she’ll have the chance later in the day.

Speaking of which …

Eira’s ears perk, catching the sound of familiar voices nearby. She smiles, then turns her head to look at the little filly by her side. “Come Lumi, let’s go meet our family.” Rosalind, who’d been quietly munching on a luscious bit of grass beside them, perks up and moves to follow. Eira smiles at the white hare, then turns in the direction of the voices.

It only takes a few minutes to find them, and Eira grins widely at the sight of Graeme brushing her nose against Weir’s speckled cheek. “Graeme.” She breathes, as the girl comes up and curls into her side. “Well, I actually have someone I’d like both of you to meet.”

She steps to the side, away from Graeme, revealing the little chestnut girl standing behind her with Rosalind. “Come here Lumi, say hello to your dad and sister.”

Lumi takes a few wobbling steps forward, amber eyes wide and staring. “Da-da? Sis?” Eira grins. “Yes Lumi. Your dad and sister.”

The sound of approaching hooves catches her ear, and her smile widens when she spots the newcomer. “Neva! Come say hello to your new sister!” The frost-covered mare steps forward and nuzzles at girl. “Hello little one.” Lumi stays silent, but returns the gentle touch. Then Neva steps back, giving first Eira, then Weir a meaningful look. There’s something she wants to say, but she’s giving them their time with Lumi first.
    EIRA
    nothing's only words, that's how hearts get hurt

Figured I'd just do all of this in one post, rather than have separate birthing and Neva leaving threads Tongue

Face your worst fears and conquer them.
    She never thought much of her other mother any more, the one that really birthed her and had abandoned her. No, Eira was her mom and Weir her papa. They had been since that very first day and instead of a lonely life, she was living a life of her dreams (well living one that she didn't even know she wanted). Lots of siblings, a mom and dad that loved one another and if there were odd things that happened...oh well. That was her life and she loved every minute of it.

Papa always brought a smile to her face. But it was these moments when they all managed to gather that really brought comfort to her. Her heart fell so full when she sees tiny little Lumi and when even her big sister Neva appears. This was her family, even if they would not always be together or would grow out and wander....this was hers. This would always be here.

"Hi Lumi." She says, stretching her lips out to touch the little fuzzy head of her sister. Another girl. Mom and Papa sure had a lot of girls. Rowling was the only boy so far. But she smiles anyways, because she is happy and then she goes to Neva and touches her lips to her sister's cheek. "Neva." She says on a breath and doesn't quite miss the look that she gives to their parents. A sigh escapes her mouth as she quiets, allowing Papa and the twins to get a good look at Lumi. Neva would be wandering and gone soon. Graeme remembered that look, the look of being time to go and only lingering to just make sure....

Yes, Graeme knew that look.

But she waits, putting a smile on her face as she goes to twins and tugs their manes. "Hide and seek, brats?" She says with a smile. "Lumi you can hide with me if you want to." She attempts to maneuver the younger kids away from Neva and their parents so that they can have a moment alone if they need it. She catches Neva's gaze and smiles sadly for a moment. Only a moment before she brightens back up for the younger ones. "I'll count first with Lumi if she wants and you two can hide. That okay?"
    Graeme