• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Honorary Recruit [Jacksanna]
    It wasn't a terribly long run from the field to the beautiful land the stallion had found. Very much unlike the scorched plains of his family's kingdom, his place full of life, water, and gentle sunlight. With little doubt, Hasenel assumed his new mare would be pleased.

The stallion slid to halt just as he crossed the border into the resort and turned his head, waiting for Jacksanna to halt beside him. When she did, he held his head high, proudly.

"We should do very well here, as will those who eventually join us," he said. "Come, I'll make you familiar with the land."

Starting forth, Hasenel was eager to get Jacksanna comfortable with her new home, as he could foresee his many trips back to the field. A natural born prince, it was in his blood to care for those over whom he ruled, and perhaps one of his claimed mares would one day rule beside him.

The spritely mare had no problem keeping pace with the stallion she’s chosen follow. As they travel through the forest immediately after leaving The Field, the speckled mustang weaves fearlessly between the trees and takes on any obstacle that crosses their path with high, showy jumps.

Every movement is an expression of excitement as she charges toward her new home. Earthen trails give way to soft white sand and the shadowy woodland gives way to sun-gilt waters. The sheer beauty of the ocean, the strangeness of the structures, seeps into her being like the tide on the beach and her ground-eating stride slows then stops all together. 

“Hasenel… whomever’s in charge of your set design needs an award…”

While the words are playful her tone is quiet with awe as she walks over to be standing at his side. The white of her coat is sweat darkened and her breathing is a touch labored, but it’s easy to tell that the petite creature is as fit as her athletic build suggests.

“Yes, I think we will all do very well here,”

She offers with a nod, hooves making tiny mountains in the sand as she prances lightly in place. 

“Show me everything! I don’t think I could ever see enough of this place. I can’t believe this is ‘home’.”

Already it’s easy to see her curiosity growing, the thrill of adventure a bright glitter in her blue-green gaze. Who knew how many unique places there were to explore along the coastline.

Yes, they will all do well here. The prince’s court won’t be empty for long… after all, who can say no to paradise?

The little mare's response pleased him, and Hasenel led her from an area shaded by trees out onto a beach of white sand. For miles ahead of them the sandy beach curved and continued on, the stallion himself not even knowing all the places it led too.

"The dunes are just a little further ahead," he told her. "But I'm curious to know where the first member of my herd came from. What is your story before our meeting in the field?"

If Hasenel was to rule well and become like his father, he needed to know as much about Jacksanna as possible. But his genuine interest in the little mare was strong as well; he enjoyed her energy and her attitude. Whereas he tended to be more solemn, she provided a peppy and lively balance.