• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

any magician

She sniffles her discomfort. Her mother had walked away, not thinking that the child would live very long. Her stomach growled. What kind of curse is it? To be born with no legs? Everything in her screamed for help. Her head pounding with the anxiety to move and get up on her own accord. but all she can do is move her neck. Laying on her side she squeals.

Was there anyone out there? Would the fairies be able to help her? She needed to walk, she needed to be able to be independent. At least she wasn't wet anymore. No that would have been only more misery for her. Her mother hadn't been that cruel. No her mother had even tenderly whispered a name into her ear.

She couldn't hate the woman, after all how often was it that even as your mother has to walk away from you rather then to sit there and watch as you die, and decay from the inability to move, that they at the very least give you the respect to clean you up and give you a name.

No no she couldn't be mad at the woman for that. Wasn't like her presance in the world would be missed. Or that there was any room for a disabled creature like herself. Well if the wolves didn't get to her soon, starvation and thirst would eventually get to her. In any case it would be a slow and painful death. Why didn't she just put her out of her misery?

No mother in their right mind could do that though. But Petya was to young to understand that. So instead she stood... layed... sat... no she was just there, just being in her little spot. That would become the home for her for the rest of her little and pathetic life.

With a sigh the filly leans her head against the stone wall. The cave being stifling and putrid scent of other bloody corpses, and the cries of other lost souls surrounding her. There was laughter, there was tears, there was death, and there was new life. You couldn't come to a more active crossroads ofthe giving and taking of life then the den.

Petya

whiskers on Kittens

For all his random wanderings, the tobiano stallion had generally avoided the children’s lands. As young as he was still at heart, he felt like the playground kids would view him as a pedophile. Unnaturally old would be an understatement for him. And the den? Well, he always figured that was more for the women-folk. It wasn’t like he could provide sustenance for those foals… well, not in any sort of natural form, at least.

But unfortunately (or fortunately), the den was within earshot of his travels that day. He took care though to avoid entering and disturbing the new relationships being forged though, picking his path to curve just outside the border. Yet, just as he was about to turn away, his gaze fell on a strange figure in a nearby cave.

The tobiano halted, his head thrown back in utter confusion.

Unless he was becoming delirious (altogether possible), the creature seemed to be missing legs. He blinked. It still didn’t have legs. He blinked again. Still no legs. Now fully intrigued, he gave one final glance towards the safety of the forest before deciding to wander over to investigate.

Gingerly he picked his steps just inside the border of the den, avoiding entrance as much as possible. His steps slowed as he neared, and for a moment he again glanced to the forest, debating retreat. But he was much too close now to turn away and he found himself turning back to the creature. He lowered his muzzle towards it, giving a soft and mostly confused nicker in greeting. But he stopped himself before touching the thing, and merely just stood and watched, tilting his head like a confused puppy.

And then he smiled. He had an idea! His gaze focusing, he began to magically lift her small figure until she was more or less floating a foot or two off the ground, around what height he’d assume a young foal might stand, and at least in some sort of normal vertical equine position. “Hi stranger,” he then offered cheerfully, never once thinking that perhaps he might have asked permission first… or that perhaps he should have greeted her more like the child she was.

fate she hears me | fate stand near me | fate state clearly
    whether there will be another card

The putrid scent of death clung to her coat. IT was this place, the dark dampness that led her to believe that she was worthless. That there was something wrong with her... no she didn't have to question that, there WAS something wrong with her. Even the skeletons around her had legs, something that she didn't. The echoing cries of dying creatures, and the nickers of delighted mothers. The pain the sickly sweet scent of blood, and birth.

She blinks hearing a new sound. It draws closer, ominously plodding, each step echoing against the walls around her. The nicker so near it peirces her ears and she nickers back desperate for someone to help her. As he approaches her she struggles with her neck scraping it against rock, dirt and grim irritating her skin. Wet smelly fur sweating with the constant touch of hard stone.

He lifts her in the air, she can not feel anthing beneath her. She blinks looking to the damp spot where she had been. Almost teary her neck stretches out trying to reach out to him. She cant move on her own, but at least she is not on her side anymore, that in itself is a wonderful sensation. Thank you Her voice trembles.

Though when he says hi she frowns slightly I'm not stranger, I'm Petya. She thought that he was referring that as her name, so in a baffled manner her face crinkles in slight frustration. How would she get to him? How would she move on her own. She couldn't figure that part out yet.

Petya

whiskers on Kittens

OOC: So It was originally supposed to be wheels but I forgot that with wheels she wont be able to control them to stop and go as she likes. Someone brought up maybe tiny butterfly wings that keep her just at the right height for her age? Like the catapiller in bugslife?

There was something about her desperation that broke his heart. He could feel the initial curiosity that had drew him near vanish with her distressed cry, to be quickly replaced by anguish mixed with a sense of shame. It wasn’t quite shame for her, but rather, for himself. He glanced down at his own feet, something he had taken for granted up to this point, and realized suddenly how useless he would be without them (and, well, without his strange abilities). He looked back to her, now floating in the air, and realized she probably lacked those abilities as well – or she wouldn’t be in this unfortunate situation.

With a sigh, he then glanced about the den, wondering if her mother was nearby. Yet, deep in his heart, he knew the answer – she probably had deserted the child. He didn’t blame her; he had no doubt it wasn’t done out of malice, but more likely, the inability to help. Well, maybe for once, he could do something useful for someone else… With a small smile, he returned his gaze to her.

As she reached her neck out, he felt himself doing the same, unable to stop himself. His muzzle inched forward cautiously until they just lightly brushed hers, and with a deep inhale, he took in her scent. He then moves it to the right, allowing his muzzle to just gently brush against the side of her cheek – his best attempt at some sort of maternal comfort, as she offers her gratitude. But he is no mother – not even a parent – and awkwardly withdraws after that brief touch to merely watch her with sympathetic eyes.

“Petya,” he repeated, tasting the name on his tongue. His voice had lost the cheery character from earlier, to be replaced with a softer, gentler tone. “I’m Clark,” he continued before falling silent for a moment, his gaze traveling from her face to her leg-less body and back. “You’ve never been able to move much, I’m guessing?” He was trying, but definitely lacked the gentle motherly instincts (or eloquence).

He thought for a moment, wondering what would be the best solution. He doubted his ability to return her legs to her (knowing him, she’d accidentally end up with giraffe or ant legs, and what a fright that might be). But here she was, floating… that was a start. “Would some wings help?” Right on cue, a small set of teal butterfly wings appeared from her withers. Bordered by a vivid, shiny ebony, they glimmered and sparkled in the midday sun. Yet, the tobiano blushed sheepishly… he had intended for them to be teal feathers on two majestic eagle-like wings instead. Whoops.

“Or, would you rather just be able to float everywhere instead without wings?” he quickly added, hoping to cover his mistake by offering another option.

She blinks up at him. Enjoying the moment of touch. It was theh first that sheh had had from another. Large feathers drop silently on her cheeks. When he says her name she smiles wide, Clark She chirps. It was pretty, solid, very much a no nonesense name, one that she could appreciate. Then he continiues. And her lopsided cheesy grin grows wider with a jovial nicker. No, you could say I have been stuck for a while. Thank you for helping me. Her words sincere, she owed him her life.

She gasps as the new muscles appear before her eyes, glittering and beautiful. Oh Clark! They are wonderful! She tests them out flipping herself in a joyful loop the upsidedown part feeling so funny that she giggles as air tickles her belly. How can I repay you? her eyes glitter with apreciatation. The dear, they were perfect, or as perfect as a little girl could dream of. They dont grow tired but she notices she will never take to the skies either. It makes her smile to know that she can be just as tall as other foals, and still do neat tricks that they wouldn't ever acomplish.

She isn't sure what to do? Maybe her father would know... Do you know where my daddy is? She can't help but ask, any family would be better then none.

Petya

up above the world so high

Photograph by Kathy unknown

As she flipped, the tobiano stallion quickly stepped back to avoid being hit by her small body or tiny tail. He probably should have guessed she’d try to experiment, and standing in the line of fire wasn’t the smartest idea. Yet, the grin on his face could not be erased as he watched the filly accustom herself to her new appendages. This was, perhaps, the first notable thing he had ever done since his birth, and he found himself quite enjoying the feeling of helping another. Too bad it took him a century or two to realize.

Thus, as she questioned him on repayment, he couldn’t help but reach out to gingerly brush against her cheek again. “Help someone else in need, sometime in the future, and we’ll call the debt repaid,” he responded light-heartedly, completely unable to think of anything that he himself needed.

Yet, when she continued and began asking about her daddy, Clark felt his smile quiver. He hadn’t any children himself, but he had seen the ways of many fathers in this land. Most of these foals, he had learned, were conceived by way of a one-night stand, to put it gently. He wondered if Petya’s father even knew she existed. Of course, he could figure out… but he didn’t feel it appropriate to delve into strangers’ lives so haphazardly.

“I’m sorry…” he began, watching her closely as he spoke, in case she should react overly negatively. “I don’t know many in these lands.” he offered, hoping to keep her hopes up on finding her father. His eyes studied hers for a moment though, hoping to at least find a clue, and in her small pupils he read the reflection of the land of his own ancestors.

“I would start with the Chamber though…” he offered, using his head to beckon in the direction as he spoke. “Something tells me you’ll find your father there…”

she frowns at the ground. Each crack and crevice of stone being studied with such an intensity that they begin to weave together. First there are little bugs running around, then its the pine needles that grab her attention littering the grey floor, a wide variaty of colors. Each their one shade, browns, greens yellows, bright, dull, some falling apart, others bent under the weight of wet bodies. Then its snakes, no, its grooves, worn, old, and vvery tired grooves. They come alive all at once weave slithering around on the ground looking for something, hunting for the next body to lay down. They all have one thing in common, abandonment. Just like you Her mind held the whisper echoing in the black recesses. With a shake of her head her mind snaps to attention before she manages to smile up at him. Ok, I can do that.

He was such a sweet man. Her hope flickers when he mentions the Chamber. Ok, thank you so much for your kindness Clark. Where do you live by chance?

All of a sudden she feels quite shy, I would love to visit you again. Reaching as high has she can the buckskin filly attempts to reach for his cheek offering a very wet and ticklish kiss. Flapping her new wings she stays there for a moment unable to find the courage to leave this place. This place that had just become... almost a home for her. Outside of that warm dark place she had been only moments before, this was the only place she knew. If it hadn't been for Clark, well.... the world was beginning to look a little scary.

It looks scary out there Clark Vocals tremble and she comes up to his side unable to help the childish need for comfort and parantage. What if he doesn't like me? .

Petya

up above the world so high

Photograph by Kathy unknown

Sorry for the long wait Sad

As she inquired of his home, the tobiano stallion felt himself growing warm from embarrassment. For the majority of his life, he had been quite content as a vagabond. He had rather enjoyed discovering new lands and watching others interact as he hid in the shadows. Over the past couple years though, he had found himself yearning for a home and family. Unfortunately, his endeavors had been far from successful, and as a result, the stallion was quite ashamed to admit he had no home to show for it.

“I tend to wander…” he admitted, not wanting to confess outright his failures. Her follow-up statement though took him by surprise. He felt his brows lift in surprise as she gave him a peck, but any feeling of confusion was quickly chased off by his growing smile. “You can always find me in the meadow though,” he offered as a follow up.

But her excitement had by then changed to trepidation, and while he could not fully understand, he tried his best to sympathize. Again he gently brushed her cheek, hoping to provide some sort of momentary comfort. “I bet he’ll like you…” he grinned, hoping, for her sake, that her father did. “You’re his daughter, after all,” he added, though knowing in the back of his mind that familial ties often meant little in these lands.

“Worst case, you can always roam around with me.” He added after a moment, grinning still, having not fully comprehended that he just volunteered himself as a surrogate father. “It gets lonely wandering alone.”

(np! take your time! I'm far from the speediest myself Smile)