• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I came... And of Course, You were Here
    As Blazed and I finally stumbled into Silver Cove, I let my foal suckle. "Raelnyx, I am here." I call out softly, scanning the area for him. "Mother, is my father's name Rael.. Raeln, Raelnyx? Is that how it is said?" Blazed asks in a voice that only reaches my ear. "Yes, darling. It is his name. Mine is G'ren." I say back, with a voice that barely carries to her ear as I shift my weight and cock a hind leg; I was used to not knowing the horses around me, having a sea of unknown faces looking at me from all around.

I am the Light and the Dark, the Moon, the Starless Sky.
    Holding Out on Grades

I love the way that your heart breaks
    with every injustice and deadly fate.

He is here, of course. He lingers, waiting, watching, teaching. He has so many to teach. Some days he wonders how he shall find the time. But he will, because this is his calling.

They arrive and a slow smile curves his lips. He does not come immediately (he is a busy man after all), but when he finally he does, he approaches with a purposeful stride and blackened skin aflame. He rarely bothers to remember names (they are all so similar after all), but he remembers hers. She had not flinched from his touch. He remembers those who do not flinch.

”G’ren.” He growls the name in a low voice, his bland eyes focused. He is pleased, but he does not betray it. He slips alongside her in a slow, smooth motion, brushing his burning skin against hers. His muzzle skims along her back, her shoulder, her neck, before place a light, almost tender kiss behind her ear. Or, it might have been tender were it not tempered by the burning of his skin against hers.

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

html c insane | picture c naelii.deviantart.com
    "Raelnyx." I reply in a similar, but only an imitation of, voice; I shiver in an almost delight as his muzzle runs along my body, and kisses me behind my ear. "I have been teaching her the best I can, but she is resistant, and does not enjoy it much.. yet." I say, enjoying his nearness, his love of pain which is starting to erupt in my soul as well. "Why do you try, mother?" Blazed asks me after I finish talking. "Hush, daughter. Do you not see that we are in mid-conversation?" I state sternly, despite us having only said one word each currently.
    Holding Out on Grades

She is an eager pupil, and he appreciates that. Few are so malleable. Indeed, his very own daughter is proving resistant. It cannot be allowed to stand. Those unwilling to learn are not welcome here, as far as he is concerned. Even his own blood

A disappointment to be sure, but he is feeling magnanimous today. He will see if she can be taught. He is a wonderful teacher after all.

The filly speaks, a bold reprimand for one so young and inexperienced. Raelynx’s attention is drawn from mother to child, pulling him away from the sweet scent of burning skin. This pleases him not at all.

With a sudden movement, his large head snakes towards the girl, blunt teeth snatching sharply at her tender young skin. An uncompromising rebuke, one designed to burn and sting.

But then he answers her. This is a teachable moment. ”Pain is life,” he says in that gravelly tone of his, voice calmer and more modulated than his recent actions might have suggested it would be. ”You would do well to remember it.”

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER

As my father bit me, I was secretly loving every second of pain and injuring, and said in response to what he has said, "life is pain, pain is life. Intertwined forever, never escaping." And simply nipped back in affection. "We all love pain, you and I of Khaos, and you teaching my mother. We by blood, her by learning. Do we all enjoy it?" I continue after the nip, speaking in a way unknown by others my age. I cock my head and my hind right leg, pondering for an answer to my own question. "Mother, is it true Khaos' other children enjoy pain just as much?" I ask, turning my attention back to G'ren. (Switches over to G'ren) Seeing him bite her, I reply with a simple "Life is pain, pain is life. Love is life, love is pain. They are three together, unforgettable." I say in a similar manner as my daughter, showing she is also of my blood. Seeing her nip back lightens my heart, for she did it of affection rather than from anger. "You know it is in her, from Khaos, don't you?" I ask, seeing that this could go many different ways.

B L A Z E D
    Raelynx x G'ren Fire
    NO WINTER LASTS FOREVER
    Blazed

He is not a man of words. His speech is neither elegant, nor even particularly inspired. So that a child of his loins should have such a refined and eloquent manner of speaking is irony at its finest.

This however, is not where his thoughts lay as the two respond so finely to his rather crude comments. In fact, he pays very little mind to what they are actually saying. He has little concept of love and even less regard for it. He has never known the emotion, nor has he pretended to. But he will not stop them from spouting whatever pretty words might cross their minds. In this case, their belief in the emotion might prove beneficial.

Recalling that a question had been asked of him, he turns a placid gaze onto the red mare. He eyes her mildly for a long moment, before simply saying, ”Perhaps.”

A small grin twists his charred lips then, the terrible cruelty in the action positively chilling. The child might not object to pain inflicted upon herself, but how would she react to seeing it inflicted upon others? With that smirk still marring his lips, he presses his fire-encased torso against G’ren, his charred muzzle falling against her red neck.

Raelynx

khaos x eyrie

O

I am the dark and I am the light

As Raelnyx placed his body to mine, and his muzzle upon my neck, I simply raised my head and sighed in delight. He had certainly taught me well, and found the pain of fire wonderous now. Blazed, however, did not seem as accustomed to this yet. She looked at us rather oddly, me embracing him while he scorched my body. I nipped him back with slight pressure, right on the crest of his neck. In doing so, Blazed -she was disappointing me- grimaced slightly. "Daughter, Blazed, you really should understand how this is your destiny, to love pain and teach the love of pain to others." I scorned, keeping it short, for I onky spoke if truly needed, and was embracing his fire too much to leave. I enjoyed it now, my persistence earned me much. Why doesn't she enjoy this just as much as I do? She needs to be taught much faster..
    Blazed looked at me in an odd way; it had become rare for her to be scorned. But no more. Time for truly teaching her, in discipline and in loving pain.

Case in point, I decided to nip her at the neck. I do so, harshly, and she stands there, a smile sprouting slightly on her lips. "I knew you could. It was always in you."

G'REN

I am the moon, I am the starless sky

@insane
    Bump
    Right below this thread, I started a new one Smile
    Ok! Works with me then!