• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Just give my life meaning [Any]
    Coming from the little greenery of the forest, she wanders from the green to the river where she takes her first sip of water. Her body and fur emitted by the sunlight that shows every detail of her looks. 

She stares off to the distance as if to think about her long departed life from any horses and herd. A wanderer, a loner, where does she belong? 

She is quite a drifter and observer. Perhaps she wishes for more. Where will she go? Where does her adventure start? 

What is there in life for her really? As if left with many questions written all over her face. She may talk or may not. Who really knows? 

She remains listening out though for anything that can occur or come out to harm or alarm her.
    rapt
    rapt.

I need you to be a monster
    which is to say, I am trying not to love you

Rapt is lost.
    Though, it’s not really lost, as he has no home to be lost from. But usually he walks a familiar trail, because there is comfort to the same handful of paths, of knowing where his feet will land. But Beqanna shook and shuddered and new (old?) lands abounded, and now the trails Rapt once knew well lead to different places.
    (Sometimes it’s the same. Sometimes it’s almost the same but there’s something, a faint difference he can’t quite articulate, something that leaves him uneasy.)

He’s by the river. He knows that much. He knows the river well enough, though not the full extent of it – has not followed it from mouth to foot. He’s stopped at its edge for a drink when he sees her, a red roan mare. And he usually would move on – Rapt is not the most sociable, with his odd preferences, his idiosyncrasies – but there is something about her.
    She looks lost, too.
    And so he steps closer – not much, leaves her plenty to room to run, if she thinks him a threat.
    (Laughable – Rapt prefers to kneel to monsters rather than be one himself.)
    “Hello,” he says, voice soft, then, “are you all right?”
    As if he has anything to offer. Still, it feels good to speak, to smile at another being, and so he stays, and waits to see what she will do.

which is to say, I am still dreaming of kissing your claws