• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  too late to leave these walls
    A coughing fit wakes me in the middle of the night, and for hours afterward my heart races. The symptoms are no longer unfamiliar to me, but that makes them no less tolerable. They might abate is all the healers had been able to tell me, or they might worsen.

They had stayed much the same for some time now, but I still grow weary easily, and keep to the heart of Baltia

I had told the Baltians not to venture too deep into Beqanna, but even that had not been enough. Some things are inevitable, the healers say, and new lands mean new illnesses. Why I was the most susceptible has still not been explained, but at least the Seers have confirmed it was not an attack. The possibility of a parasite is only slightly less disturbing than the chance that it’s a lost spell by one of the local witches.

When the glow of the coral is replaced by the light of the sun, I finally abandon sleep and move toward the seagrass meadows.